the Rift

[OPEN] It's gettin hot out here
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

I would've deserved an eye-roll for that, honestly. I'm not sure if I'm ashamed of the fact that I tend to whine about things and except someone else to fix them for me — I mean, it works most of the time. I guess I'm just so content with having someone serve me life on a plate that I'm unwilling to change. And honestly, why should I change? It's not like it's hurtful to anyone that I'm lazy and inept at everything except flirting with court ladies. And I was starting to realize that I could only flirt with court ladies, because all the other, low-born ladies were just.. weird, and didn't fawn over me. Or they just gave me weird looks when I said pretty things about them, so I'd kind of given up on entertainment too...

I'm so stuck in my rather sullen, annoyed thoughts that I completely miss her deep breath. Oblivious, unaware, that maybe she is not as receptive to my ways as I think she is; to her, I'm just a stranger, dumping some of my problems in her lap. To me, I'm a prince, justified in trying to find someone else who can help me without not really trying myself.

Though if I'm stuck here much longer, maybe I'll start giving it an honest effort.

She asks where I am from and I almost snort, before remembering that no one here had a clue. Aside from that other "Mauja" some took me for they were all ignorant of my origin, and the mighty forest kingdom I hailed from. I try to amuse myself by thinking what Morgan would say if he knew they didn't know — some quirky, acid remark no doubt, but I can't come up with anyone myself and thinking of Morgan just brings back that bone-deep, fierce ache.. that longing... My voice is genuinely sad when I respond, "Skogamark". There's just that note of desperation, of something you held very dear but lost for more than a few hours — a loss that has settled deeper than a mere bruise. Sometimes I even missed my lectures and strenuous duties, if only because it would mean I was home.

Then she asks if I know where to go, and look around, and this time I do snort. Did she think I was stupid, or what? It's not like I walked into this blasted meadow and then was so silly I couldn't retrace my own steps. "No," I respond, perhaps a little too crispy, but it's something I've gone over in my head a million times, and for some common mutt to assume I just took a stroll and forgot where I was is just.. insulting. "I fell asleep at home, like usual, and woke up in this place." I wave my head in the direction of the river, though I'm not sure anymore if it was around here I actually woke up or not — I just knew that it had been by one of the small rivers running through here. And truthfully, I didn't want to properly remember. "So I'm kind of at a loss for where to even start looking."

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-05-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 05:04 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-07-2013, 11:18 AM