the Rift

[OPEN] It's gettin hot out here
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

She's not being overly helpful. I'm quite disappointed actually; for all her brilliance in the light she's just a stranger. An ignorant stranger. For a moment I was busy looking away, out over the field and the reminder of a change I was not familiar with, but when I look back, it is to find her icy eyes glued to mine. Our gazes snap locked and I find myself at a loss when faced with this brazen behavior; I snort, and raise my head a little higher. Who does she think she is, to stare at me in such a way? My nostrils widen and my tail twitches in annoyance, but I do not take my eyes off hers. This was no way to treat me.

She speaks, her voice dripping sarcasm, and I think her coat looks cold and uninviting now, not glowing, shimmering; her eyes are hard and mine harden, too, to try not let my emotions show. What does she think I am? Stupid? Or ashamed, so I'd make up some tall tale to explain why I am here and unable to go home? It's quite hurtful, actually, that she'll say such things, as if it's what I think — if I had any goddamn idea I wouldn't be here, would I? My ears fall back, and I know that I'm lousy at hiding my feelings; she'll see that it's saddened me, but at the same time, it has angered me. Didn't I just tell her I woke up here?

"Fine," I spit, goading my anger to take over. Sadness was too weak, too shameful, and I didn't want to burst into tears here and blubber about missing Father and Mother and my sisters and Morgan. Damn, I miss Morgan a lot more than I want to admit.. more than I'll ever let him know, anyway. "You're obviously deaf, as I told you, I have no idea. You're not being very helpful." And I glare some, for good measure, my pale eyes smoldering with haughty, wounded pride. Hadn't I been perfectly clear on the circumstances of my arrival? I sniff, knowing better than to waste time on idiots, but yet I am loathe to just leave — what if she does know something..?

"So do you know anything useful or are you just going to act like a jerk because you don't?" I am poised on the edge of walking away, my head high as I glare down at her from my taller height, tail lashing against my hocks in annoyance. What idiots you could find out in the world.

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-05-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 05:04 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-07-2013, 11:18 AM