the Rift

[OPEN] It's gettin hot out here
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

I don't even know why I'm still here, putting myself through this most subjective torture. What a snotty girl this was, even laying her ears flat against her neck in front of me! If only I could hand her insolent ass to one of the guards... but no, they're not here, or rather, we're not there. I mirror her, flattening my black-rimmed ears and keeping my smoldering glare steady. I could feel it, something coming out, words I knew I wouldn't want to hear just because they were stupid and they'd probably prod that place in me I shied away from.. but most of all, they wouldn't help me come home, because she wasn't going to help. It was obvious, even to me, and frankly I didn't want her help, so I wasn't going to try and lure her in with rewards and riches either. To come home, because she had saved me — the mere thought makes my stomach turn. I'd rather be stuck here a few days longer than go through that.

And oh, look at that, I was right. I didn't want, or need, to hear all this. She claims to be a princess and I scowl at her. Yeah, right, as if — if she was, she'd be a whole lot more mannered and willing to help me, maybe even dream of my hoof in marriage. Fat chance she's royal. Nope. I decide she's just lying, maybe jealous of my position, and I'm sure she's not met any real princes either. I just can't believe she would've, or if she did, none of them would've liked her anyway. She's too loud-mouthed, too arrogant, and if she had been a princess surely her father would've put her in her place, her proper place. Or maybe that was why she was out here? Because she wasn't good enough to be a princess, so she got kicked out of her kingdom, boo hoo. Yeah. If she'll insist on being a princess again, that's how it'll be — she got thrown out. I can almost see it in my head.

And then she's done, asking if I have anything to say, and I keep scowling with my ears flat and my gaze dark. Anything to say! I have a whole lot to say to her, but why should I waste breathe on her? Yet my childish pride demand I stay, even though I have decided she cannot help me. I won't let her help me, even. "I don't care what distant queen birthed you on the wrong side of the blanket," I say, further annoyed by her plunge back into calm. As if I'm some child throwing a temper tantrum. "I asked you if you know anything but you still didn't answer me, so I must assume you don't." Enjoy your ignorance. I still keep my head high, my tail flicking from side to side, lashing against my hocks and flanks. I'm almost daring her to contradict me, though I would probably lose my temper if she did. It's not my fault she's stupid and deaf, but she doesn't have to act like it is, does she? Or like somehow being a disgraced princess makes it acceptable.

[ hurr durr he's an ass. :x ]

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-04-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-05-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 05:04 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Sinuhe - 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: It's gettin hot out here - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM