the Rift

[OPEN] The void stares back
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

[ I'd really love for the real Mauja to meat Hiedrun some day too! ^^ ]

The lessons my father had taught me, about warriors and bravery, slowly come back to me as I stare at the lake and wonder what it feels like to drown. Would it be swift? Painless? Yet I feel like a coward for hoping it does, thinking of the scars I had seen and the stories I had heard, the pain those brave soldiers had endured.. bravery was not my forte, however. If I did not find a way back home soon I would go mad, and if I went mad, I'd rather it all end, swiftly. So would it be so bad to drown?

Yes, I decide. First off, I'm preeetty sure no one would admire me for throwing myself in a lake instead of finding the god damn way back. Surely it was somewhere, something I was missing.. (unless I'd died in my sleep that fateful day). And the more time I spent wishing I was dead? That was time I wasted, when I could find the way, but I'm not used to doing things all alone, least of all difficult things like finding a way back when I hadn't even walked to get here. It was just such a daunting task and it hung over me like a leaden weight, and HOLY SHIT SOMEONE IS TOUCHING ME!

I jump, startled, my perhaps a little too fat frame taking off at least half a foot into the air and landing a little to the side of whatever it was. My first instinct is to run but I do no more than flex my muscles before I recognize the outline of a horse.

A black horse.
Hidden in the goddamn gloom.

"Are you lost?" she asks and I cannot stop myself from laughing bitterly; with adrenaline still in my system it comes out high-pitched and nervous. "Yes!" I say, with an edge of hysteria, before drawing a deep breath and trying to disentangle my head from the mess of vines I'd thrown it up into. I'm looking like a real fool now, aren't I? Jerking my head from side to side I rip the vegetation apart, but a little of it settles on my face, around my horn, and I grimace in distaste. I'd have a real hard time getting this off, and peer sideways at her, hoping she's not about to run off screaming just because I'm a bit skittish. I lower my horn towards her, oblivious to the threat it might be. "Care to help me get this off?" I ask, my voice steadier now that the initial surprise of her appearance had worn off. Gods, I really needed to learn to keep an eye on things now that I had no one else to do it for me. The next horse to sneak up on me might have the intent of doing more than just touching me.

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
The void stares back - by Hiedrun - 05-05-2013, 01:55 AM
RE: The void stares back - by Mauja - 05-05-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: The void stares back - by Hiedrun - 05-05-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: The void stares back - by Mauja - 05-06-2013, 05:26 AM