the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tomorrow is to late (Cera)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I had much to share with my eldest son, much to say. But I wouldn’t utter any of it today, I couldn’t spoil their day with worries and concerns. No, this was an eve for us to simply let life be. Fina is the first to enter my line of vision. My eyes turn to see her body, so like a shooting star of fire being flung across heaven toward me. It was always a joy to witness Fina soar; her striking colors of crimson and the brightest gold caused most within the clan to murmur appreciation when she passed. An array of attention that still boasted a ripe ego—and only made the firebird extra eager to show out. My son and the Phoenix had mostly grown up together, and though my bonded mate kept sealed lips—I could feel her love for the growing cherub through our connection.

She had once sang for him.

Those ebony talons, sharp as razors, come alight her avian frame across my wide spine. A never ending fire brushes my feathers and skin, but they thankfully do no damage. My head twists back, eyes searching her clear blue ones for signs of discontent. Ashy muzzle stretches to brush against Fina’s sharp beak; warm breath extends to mingle with that wild bird like essence I had come to know. “I’m glad all is well.” She hums softly, a quiet sound that could only be described as a cat purring. For a moment we embrace as only a horse and bird can, rubbing snouts together fondly. She pulls away before I do, and together we shift gaze to Cera who had just landed close by.

He trots up to us, my neck twists back round; head following the creamy ones movements. I breathe my warmth on him, and inhale completely his own dusty fragrance. My face has gentled into one aged not in malice or hate, but love and the deepest affection. Some things couldn’t be expressed by words, a fathers pride in seeing a youth turn into Stallion was one of those things. I watch his crown bend at an angle and know that questions are quickly coming; this was certainly out of the ordinary for our day to day todos. While he gives me a traditional once over, I can’t help but grin, a smile that only widens when he asks, “Dad, why are you back so early? Can you spend time with us today?”

My ivories extend, the goldrod primary’s pulling apart until they halo my sides. “Aye, little Wind Chaser, we have the next two suns to use.” Coyly I gaze down at him, turning half my face toward the distant hills that remain yet invisible through the hazy mist of heat, “Anywhere you want to go, give its name and we will leave now—or trust your wings to the breeze, and we will find adventure where it leads. Another set of wings emerge, flapping their glee against my hide; her voice rises to heaven in a loud chirp.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Midas - 05-06-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Cera - 05-15-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Midas - 05-24-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Cera - 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Midas - 06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Cera - 06-11-2013, 07:12 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by NPC - 06-17-2013, 10:07 PM
RE: Tomorrow is to late (Cera) - by Midas - 06-17-2013, 11:16 PM