the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Beautiful Letdown [Kou]

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
just put your feet up to the edge, put your face in the wind

...My name is Crowley. I believe I was friends with your father....

Everything else was garbled after the mention of her father. Blue eyes widened so the whites were nearly showing as the nurse stared at the stallion. She couldn't remember ever seeing him before in her life and yet he seemed remotely familiar. "My father?" Her tone was not that of the well composed mare she typically was. "Then you know that my father is dead." For the first time in a long while bitterness laced her words. In her minds eye she could see her father's kind face. She could see the panic in his eyes when the witch hunters came down on him. Kou withdrew into herself as she remembered him forcing her and her mother to run. She could still smell the stench of his burning hair and flesh when she'd been foolish enough to go back to try and find him.

The guilt she felt for being the cause of his death hit her full force and threatened to take her breath away. She had forced herself to forget about her father in an effort to protect herself from grieving to death, but Crowley brought it all back. Anger flashed in the depths of her eyes as she now looked at the stallion who had brought back all of the emotion she had smothered for nearly four years. But who was she kidding? She was the one that had gotten her father killed, why should her anger be directed at anyone other than herself and the bastards that had killed him because of her?

"What do you want?" The nurse asked, trying and failing to remove the harshness from her voice. Why after all the time she'd been away from Etaine had someone come to Helovia only to remind her of her sins? Pale, delicate ears slicked back against her head and she glared as she waited for an answer. She took a step back when the thought occurred to her that he could be there to take her back to Etaine. If he was friends with her father it could be his way of getting revenge on her for being the cause of his death. To her irrational mind it all made sense.

"If you hurt me you won't live to regret it." She promised, knowing full well that d'Artagnan would kill Crowley with extreme prejudice.

image by imi

Messages In This Thread
The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-14-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Kou - 05-15-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-19-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Kou - 05-20-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-24-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 07-07-2013, 03:02 AM