the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Beautiful Letdown [Kou]

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
You're busy dying if you're living in the past
In almost an instant, the mare's demeanor changed completely, and for worse. Had Crowley not had the revelation that he might have known the alabaster mare from times past, he would have slipped back into his normal irritable self and grown snappish. But surprisingly, the brindle was able to keep himself calm, simply standing before her as she spoke. His eyes, usually bitter and cold, were uncharacteristically warm and understanding.

Rigo had been his name, and Crowley remembered the elder stallion clearly. Many a fond memories had been formed between the two during the brindle's younger years, even if that time hadn't been terribly long. In Etaine, unlike Helovia, life was difficult for those those who displayed proudly a horn upon their brow. The equine division of the land looked upon them with extreme scrutiny, for unicorns were believed to be more magical beings than any other. Any form of magic was forbidden throughout the land, and should it be found that one did wield such powers, then they were hunted down and killed.

But Rigo did not possess magic, nor did his golden lady Marionette. Their young, pale daughter on the other hand, was a different story. Crowley himself wasn't entirely sure of the details of how the filly's magic had been found out, nor how long from then it had taken for the equines to begin their hunt on the family. But what he did remember was the pale figure of Rigo in the night, his body alight with fire, cut down in the prime of his life by the ugly hornless within the herd.

Something changed in the Weaver's eyes for a moment, barely noticeable, but there. Memories best left forgotten and supressed threatened to resurface, but he would not allow it in the presence of the very daughter he'd once sworn to find, to protect; and failed. With a gentle exhale of breath, the look faded away with the imagery of Rigo's burning body, and Crowley fixated his gaze upon Kou's piercing, icy gaze. As a resident of Etaine himself, he could only imagine just why she was stepping back from him and threatening him. But he wasn't here for revenge.

"... I am aware of his passing," he spoke up, his voice surprisingly gentle, "And you have my most sincere sympathies. He was a great fellow, as was your mother. I enjoyed their friendship." Just as soon as the word had passed his lips, Crowley wondered if he'd messed up yet again. Would Kou grow even more defensive at the mention of her mother? Or would she see that he truly meant no harm now?

"I'm sorry, Kou, I... My intentions weren't to upset you. I just can't believe that it's actually you. Do you truly not remember me?
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-14-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Kou - 05-15-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-19-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Kou - 05-20-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-24-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 07-07-2013, 03:02 AM