the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Beautiful Letdown [Kou]

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
You're busy dying if you're living in the past

If Kou found that she could not forgive him for the things he did and didn't do, then so be it. It had been up to him, after all, to find and protect her after the Witch Hunters had struck her family, yet he had failed. Oh, he had looked, that was no lie... But never had he been successful in tracking her down. As the months went on after the attack on Rigo, Crowley had begun to think her dead, and it was only after an entire year had gone by did he end his search. If she was not dead, she could have gone anywhere, hundreds of miles away for all that he knew. It had broken his then-good heart, but he had abandoned all hope on ever finding her many years ago.

She spoke, and her words seemed to draw him out of his silent reverie before all too suddenly throwing him back into one. When Rigo had been struck down, Crowley had not been with him, only glimpsing the heinous scene as the flames began. The brindle knew all too painfully that he could not help his friend at that point, and had watched in cover with white-rimmed eyes as the Hunters chanted around the pale stallion. In those moments spent watching his friend burn, Crowley's hatred for any without a horn was born, and it was to Rigo he swore vengeance.

Meeting the blue eyes of the mare standing before him, he breathed a gentle sigh, ridding himself of the nerves that had slowly begun to build up beneath his skin. It was both a blessing and a curse to hear the anger fade from Kou's voice and fade to sadness, and he fervently wished to place her back into the light, airy mood she had been in minutes ago. Would she shun him for having done nothing, or would she understand that there was truly nothing he could have done?

"I couldn't," he answered at last, holding his golden gaze upon that of Kou's, "By the time I found him, it was far too late. After that, I ran, and it was you that I looked for, to try and repay the help that I could not give to your Father." Another sigh passed the Weaver's lips, and he listened quietly as nurse spoke again. There were a lot of things he wanted, wished for, longed to see... But above all else, there was only one things he truly wanted before the end of his days.

"... I want revenge. To watch equines fall to their knees like they've watched so many of us do."
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-14-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Kou - 05-15-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-19-2013, 11:29 AM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Kou - 05-20-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 05-24-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: The Beautiful Letdown [Kou] - by Crowley - 07-07-2013, 03:02 AM