the Rift

[OPEN] this way, that way, the other way
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

[ DON'T BE. AND PERMISSION GRANTED. ]

I'm a fool and I can't find any flaws with her. She's beautiful, she's glorious, and I am nothing but a horse willing to bow before her and kiss her dainty hooves, and bestow upon her any riches she ask me (and I have quite a few, so she need just ask). I don't even know what to do -- I'm content to just stare at her, goddamnit. Maybe that's how it goes? I stare at her until I starve, and then I go to heaven and frolic with her astral shadow, or something. I can barely blink, afraid she'll take off and disappear in a wisp of cloud, a tendril of fog, or dip into a stream (maybe she's going to drown me by making me follow?).. it doesn't strike me as morbid to dream of ways of dying while drinking in her twilit beauty, enchanted, ensnared, by her youthful body and ancient eyes. I get the feeling she could've said anything and I would've just nodded dumbly. It was all going to end anyway, wasn't it?

Her voice is like honey, rich and sweet at the same time, cocooning my mind in a sense of safety, that everything was okay, she was going to take care of me, and- waitwhat. Purify me? For a moment the spell is broken, the moment shattering. Is something wrong with me? Really? Am I sick? Is it something I just don't know about? I feel my pulse pound and my breath stop, and in one anxious moment I try to feel every part of my body at the same time -- is something wrong? Missing? Does it hurt? But I don't feel much different, and in a frenzy to sink back into that soothing frame of mind I decide that this, too, is just a ritual. Or, she'll actually do something, like cleanse me of my sins and send me pure and newborn to heaven.. innocent like a foal. Maybe she'll wipe my memory so I won't miss my family and Morgan so much.

Like a bank of fog she drifts closer upon her pale legs, all grace and beauty despite her youth; my heart skips a beat, knowing that this is it. It's.. it's.. well, what? Will it hurt? Is it a painful process? Suddenly I'm not so sure anymore, even though I try to tell myself to trust -- why should she harm me? She even called me her Prince... Does she know who I am? Is some taint keeping me from going home? I draw in a deep breath, and the air smells like rain on a summer's eve, just as sweet as she. Purple haze fills her horn and throws a light shadow across her golden face; the contrast is beautiful against the burnished light of the sunset, and breathlessly I stare at her.. at her upturned gaze, colored lavender by the cloud within her horn, the crackle of static teasing my ears, just beyond my sensing; something is happening within her horn.. something.. and the air, it smells, feels, like it is building up.. she's going to do something...

HOLYSHIT. Is she really gonna kill me?!
A panicked heartbeat, but it's already too late.

Mauja the Frostheart</style>
            Bleeding</style>

image by slalit @ flickr.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-09-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM