the Rift

[OPEN] this way, that way, the other way

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
</style>

I think back to the stories that mama would tell Ru and me, about unicorns from fairy tales, and how they would purify and heal things. They normally would touch their horn upon whatever it was, and then bazinga, light would shine, and birds would sing (I think? Maybe she just added in that part for Stella's sake). Breathing in deeply, I take advantage of the situation, and ever so slightly press my shoulder against his. It's like Heaven, this feeling. His fur is soft against mine, and suddenly my mind wants to know what it would be like to nuzzle my cheek against it...But no. I almost forget what I'm doing. Dipping my crown forward, so that the tip of my horn touches just behind his shoulder, I can feel the magic and energy that has built up in my horn, suddenly release. To me, the sensation is almost like I have been holding my breath, and suddenly I have released it. It also feels sort of cold and warm at the same time - tingly. I like it. Or perhaps it's just our blooming love, spilling from him to me, and me to him? That would make sense too.

As the last bit of twilight-colored static jumps from me to him, I reluctantly pull back, breaking the tentative and tantalizing contact. Softly I sigh, for my magic does take a lot out of me, and I shakily step back. Raising my gaze, I notice how dark he suddenly looks, as the sunlight filters down, colouring his coat as if he were some volcanic rock from the Heart, rather than a snowy prince.

I find that I suddenly don't know what to say, as I look upon his handsome face. My knees now shake steadily, both from the use of my energy, as well as the warm buzzing feeling that erupts in my belly whenever he looks at me. I can't think of what comes next in the stories that Mama tells me...isn't...isn't he just supposed to kiss me, and take me away? Things start to feel dizzy, and I realize that his growing darker might not necessarily be a result of the setting sun, but perhaps it is my vision beginning to cloud. Blinking a few times, I sway on my small hooves.

I have a confession to make. I've never used my magic before.

Unsteadily now, I cast a longing and lingering gaze up at my prince, now so beautifully silhouetted against the brilliant sky. Details, which I hadn't notice before, suddenly seem so clear: the line of his jaw against the horizon, the graceful spiral of his horn, and the brilliance of his eyes....Ahh. Stumbling now, I try to steady myself but instead fall forward, as the world slips from beneath my hooves. I can once again feel the lovely soft sensation of his coat, as I slide down his shoulder and to his hooves.

I like the way all of his horns make a pattern, but I do wish he would stop spinning; it isn't very helpful. From down on the ground, he is as tall as a mountain - my Prince. So big and strong.....Oh Prince. Save me.

You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-09-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Mauja - 05-27-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: this way, that way, the other way - by Raeden - 05-27-2013, 10:57 PM