the Rift

Ignorance [Open]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My hooves beat upon the ground as I cantered along the path to the lake. My mane ruffled slightly in the wind and I was feeling particularly aware of my surroundings. I stopped at the glassy surface of the water and dipped my head to drink, my reflection still slightly startling. I had gotten used to my coat color, but the white vine marking on my nose was still foreign and the bright green of my eyes surprising. The familiarity would come in time, but for now I had to be patient…and I hated being patient. I wanted to know myself the way that everyone else did, but I knew that it was not a possibility.

Still, in this strange land I had only met Tares, who was nearly as shy as me, only not in a rambling and embarrassing way. I had no idea when I was supposed to stop talking and let someone else converse with me. Tares was simply shy and quiet, with a sense of fear that I did not yet understand, while I was simply awkward. I needed that to change, but I was not sure that I could actually talk to someone else. I was a mare frightened by her own reflection, who does not remember her own life, and has the potential to scare others away by being to uncomfortably forward.

I snorted. I was so ignorant of everyone else’s feelings. Poor Aure, doesn’t remember herself, everyone should love me! Others had their own problems, and I did not really want all the coddling, did I? Maybe it was time to think about getting to know others before they knew my story. It was time for the ignorance to stop.

Messages In This Thread
Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-20-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-25-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Ázzuen - 07-25-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-30-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-31-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Ázzuen - 08-03-2012, 02:20 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM