the Rift

Ignorance [Open]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I was shaken by the image I had seen, but Azzuen’s suggestion to breathe in the two stallion’s scents was a wonderful idea. I would try anything to remember them; it would not do to be forgetting the Dragon’s Throat General and a fellow soldier. I nodded to Azzuen and closed my green orbs, steadying myself and pressing into the earth. I cleared my mind and tried simply to focus on the scents swirling around me. I snorted at how many there seemed to be: the moist stench of the earth, the sweet scent of lake water, the rough smell of the trees. Finally, I managed to pinpoint the scent of the general: dark, smelling of work and dedication, with the strength of the heat rolling off of him. I committed his smell to my fragments of memory and focused on finding Midas’ scent. The metallic fragrance of gold tinted the air and I could smell the slight mustiness of his feathers, as well as the sweet lake water he had drunk.

I opened my eyes, refreshed, and smiled at my two companions. They were wonderful company to happen upon, and having Azzuen there was a fantastic chance to meet my official. Azzuen mentioned that he would be running some training exercises and begin doling out patrols to welcome others who had not been in the land before, as well as keep our borders safe from harm. I nodded at the general’s great ideas, ready to get started at once. “I would be willing to participate in some training exercises. I am out of practice, as of late, and do not honestly remember anything I have learned in the past. Perhaps when I train again, my muscle memory with help me become a fast learner?” I was definitely eager to learn from Azzuen or really any other soldier, so I was capable of protecting my home, which would soon house my family.

Messages In This Thread
Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-20-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-25-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Ázzuen - 07-25-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 07-30-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 07-31-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Ázzuen - 08-03-2012, 02:20 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Midas - 08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Ignorance [Open] - by Aure - 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM