the Rift

You Show The Lights Where To Go

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I had not given up... I would never give up, to be precise. The fire was still ablaze and my mind was still in its appropriate place. The sandman had found me last night and hugged me in his comfortable arms. I fell within his trance and rapidly was tucked away by sleep. I had not even bothered to sleep standing up; the sand had been my pillow and oh how comfortable it was.

After I had waken up, I had spent that time collecting brush and tending to the fire. It roared with pleasure, crackling like a purring and satisfied lion. If lions could purr at that. The smoky scent was beginning to linger on my coat from it. Luckily, it was a pleasurable smell to most. At least, one could hope. If it lingered much longer it might as well become my regular recognition scent.

The sun was close to it's peak, strong and bright. There was no cloud in sight. A gust of wind here and there broke up the heat to give any living being a break. It was something I was still slightly growing accustomed to. The temperature change was helping that. I was now beginning to yearn for the heat of the sun, on the contrary. Any way to speak with an intelligent being such as a God, I would attempt. This was the Sun God. The Sun was brightest and at its highest so perhaps my chances of contact could be better.

I toss another piece of shrub into the fire with my antlers. The dead plant soon became engulfed in the flames, cackling in the process. It seemed as though the flames laughed and cheered with everything I fed it. A big dinner would be coming soon enough for my new friend, however.

My dusty buckskin head lifted to the sky and my eyes closed. I took a deep breath and spoke.

"I'm here not to sound foolish, God of the Sun, but rather to meet with you. I seek your guidance, your word, and your very presence. Anything."

My heart was troubled, but it was sincere. I sought for the Sun God. I sought for advice or at least a warning. Any information possible would be of help.

"Why, I would even be satisfied with a quick greeting."

Image Credits

"Talk"

Messages In This Thread
You Show The Lights Where To Go - by Avalon - 05-07-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: You Show The Lights Where To Go - by Avalon - 05-24-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: You Show The Lights Where To Go - by Avalon - 06-10-2013, 04:48 PM