the Rift

You Show The Lights Where To Go

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The wind knows a lot about martyrs. After all, it's carried a lot of souls away.

My ever-learning mind listened to every word he spoke. When he congratulated me on the promotion, my smile brightened even more. I made no attempt to hide it and I nodded my head with a small and meek thank you. My silvery-lined eyes watched him with awe as his deep voice continued, sounding much like the very fire that I was tending to.

As he explained more, my eyes dimmed as I narrowed them. I soaked everything into my cranium much like a sponge would with a drop of water. I looked down, only to find myself looking at his golden body once more as he continued to speak. A contract between the Basin and the Foothills. My word. For a split few seconds my mind's curiosity jumped as to what that contract may concern. He said defensive purposes but to what extent?

My eyes widened to their normal extent and I watched as his lips moved once more to ask me if I had any more questions. I smiled once more then said "Perhaps one more question, if not any trouble. But to what extent does this contract cover and how are we to know when or if this contract changes?" My features looked concerned and serious, while still managing to maintain that warm aura-like presence.

I shook my head then stepped back, lowering my head in an apologetic way. "I apologize, dear Lord of the Sun and Throat. I in no way meant to importune you."
{.::OOC::.}~

It will probably tell you that martyrs are not heroic. They're a tragedy.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
You Show The Lights Where To Go - by Avalon - 05-07-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: You Show The Lights Where To Go - by Avalon - 05-24-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: You Show The Lights Where To Go - by Avalon - 06-10-2013, 04:48 PM