the Rift

[OPEN] meet me in the... mud [irrydae]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
   Black.

My vision is turning dark around the edges as I force my eyes open, exposing myself to a world of silt and mud and dancing sand, as I am sucked downwards by the terrifying forces. Just as swiftly, I am thrown upwards, skywards, tumbling and twirling in all manners of maneuvers I could not ever replicate. A stray log catches me in the hip, sending me spinning like a tossed leaf, floundering. Dying. Could I claw my way up the surface? My wings, so elegant in flight, dragged me downwards towards the viscous black mud at the bottom of the river, no doubt prepared to suck me under, lost forever. Would Kri notice my disappearance? Levi or Aryel? Would anyone? In all my years, I had never cared to truly get to know someone. It was all a waste. It's not just the weight dragging me down now. It's the despair in my chest, heavier that rocks piled on my back. It's this empty hope, a wasted hope, that I can claw my way up to the surface. My legs, thrashing mindlessly, finally slow. Despite the glacial cold of the flooded river, I feel almost warm, as if someone has tossed a blanket over my frozen body.

The roar of the river has died in my ears. But even as I reconcile myself with the possible- no, inevitable- death that was coming agonizingly slowly, the snarling body of water sends me shooting up to the surface, until my face breaks the slick surface. Before, I thought myself drowning on land. Now, my oxygen-deprived body, the vessel of my soul, shrieked in triumph, as I raggedly began heaving, sucking in the air desperately, eyes scanning for a bank, knowing that at any moment the wild waters would take me down under to a terrifying place.

Nothing. Just as I predicted, my body is soon doused wholly once more, and this time, I know, there will be an end. I cannot survive the churning monstrous force, heedless of what I need most. Already my lungs are burning, seeming close to explosion locked inside my chest.

Oblivion, at long last. The last thing I register is something shattering on my wing, and pain exploding into creation.

Darkness and shadow.

ooc; would you like to end the thread here? ^^ anddd she's not actually dead, she's just passed out to be tossed up somewhere on the banks father down!

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Andromeda - 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Irrydae - 05-18-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Irrydae - 05-19-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Irrydae - 05-30-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: meet me in the... mud [irrydae] - by Andromeda - 05-30-2013, 08:29 PM