the Rift

[OPEN] In the future these will be the good ol' days

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Roux nickered again, his brother's mane slipping past his lips. "Sacre," Roux pranced slightly to stand parallel to his twin and looked up. His silver eyes scanned the tall mountains that protected them, white stars poking above their peaks. "We will go." the reddened colt turned to face his brother head on and flicked his dark forelock from his eyes. "It is not our time yet, brother. We must grow here, first." Or, at least, that is what mother had mumbled to father. Roux knew he was not strong enough--did Sacre know that for himself? Roux doubted it. Even at their young age there was a difference between them. Sacre was full of dreams, Roux was a prisoner of reality. He would not be able to do what his brother could.

"How would you begin to fix me?" Roux took a step back, skeptically searching for an answer upon his twin's dark brow. "I was born this way--saying you can fix me is like saying you could take away my horn. My eyes are already a part of who I am." The doctor's son wanted to snort, his small body churning inwardly with a mixture of pride and shame and confusion. Sacre couldn't give him better eyes, could he? Their father was a doctor, one plagued with the knowledge of the land and the benefits--good or bad to the interpreter alone--and he could not even fix Roux's eyes! Or....had d'Artagnan not tried? Was there something that Sacre knew that d'Artagnan did not?

Doubtful.

Blinking, Roux took a step towards Sacre and lowered his small head. "I am sorry brother, I should not be so harsh to you." the young boy had taken the playful night, full of wanderlust and hope, and turned it into a dark blow to the gut. He did not understand why Sacre wanted to adventure so badly. Roux wanted to see the world, yes, and he knew he would, but there was a time for that. Now their only task, in this time, was to grow and learn within the chains of the Aurora Basin.

ROUX
Million stars up in the sky
Formed a tiger's eye
That looked down on my face,
Out of time and out of place

image by msn678@flickr

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the future these will be the good ol' days - by Roux - 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM