the Rift

[OPEN] [OPEN] Who Are You, White Rabit?

Cierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 21o18n.png]
So beautifully they make you, kill

The air was musty and thick, a soft mist seeming to fall from the tree tops and shower softly onto the boggy earth and everything that crawled across it. A filmy dew developed on rotting branches, the weight of thriving moss and the soft push of a breeze making each branch rub against each other, scraping the remaining bark from contact points. They whined and moaned eerily, casting a dark feeling over the misty land. It was the only sound I could hear.

My body felt heavy with mud as it crawled up my dark tainted legs, over spray casting across my barrel and the back of my front limbs. The mist created a dark shade on my back, as well as clinging to my stringy mane and forelock that hung over bright eyes, twisting around both ears and crawling down my face like spider webs. How had I ended up here? Simple, but dumb. My curious youth screwed me over, constantly. Hearing all of the stories of the swamp, I had to go see it. I flew here, -though I hated flying- spotting the thick cluster of twisted and gnarled trees. I dove back to the earth happily, expecting to land on solid ground. It looked solid enough, I had thought. I landed, but instead of letting my knees bend to take in the shock of the land, I found myself collapsing into the bog. It was cold and shocking, my wings staying cast out and lapping at the muggy air.

After a little struggling, I jumped up, finding myself quivering. The mud still sucked my body down, trapping each leg in the clingy swamp. I tried to keep my cool, knowing that I would find a path out sooner or later... if something didn't find me first. No, I can't think like that. I'm fine, my conscience repeated in my head, somewhat relieving my thundering heart. I could only get a single limb out at a time, with a lot of energy, the suction making it difficult to keep moving on. Each cloven hoof slowly crawled out of the deep mud that eventually rose past my knees. This was going to be impossible to get out of.

Another breeze high in the air caused the branches to squeal and cry angrily. My ears flicked back, listening to the horrifying sound that increased my pulse. I could feel my heart throbbing in my chest, in my legs, and in my neck. Hazel eyes opened wide, the whites showing in each corner. The adrenaline shot through my body, releasing enough energy for me to pull my front legs from the bog. My body thrashed through the mud, my black wings expanding to their full length. The appendages pushed against the still air fiercely, doing absolutely nothing to help my situation, only tiring me out even more.

My mind raced, creating monsters that crawled out of the damp earth, grabbing at me with long, vicious nails. The ground beneath me suddenly became solid, making my knees crumple under me. My already panicked mind ran ramped. Sweat streamed down my neck from under my mane. Finally I could feel the mud desolving into clay and rocks, creating a slippery incline. I panted heavily, nearly running into a tree once I escaped the clutches of the bog. I had no intentions of looking back at this moment. I stumbled again, only this time on nothing. Black extensions folded to my heaving sides tightly. My legs finally gave out and I let my body sluggishly sag to the ground. My legs sprawled out to the sides, I continued panting heavily and was now drenched with a mixture of sweat and rain. My head rested on the base of a tree.

My mind still ran, though no longer creating monsters, but going over what I had actually just done to myself. This all could have been completely bypassed. I had just done this all to myself. Good job, my conscience mumbled. Though I was tired, I made myself roll into an up right position. My limbs all quivered, the mud beginning to cook onto my legs and every where else it resided. I am so vulnerable. Flying was no longer very frightening to me at the moment.

walk walk walk || "talk talk talk" || think think think

(Ooc || Shitty post es shitty and random, sorry. :()

Messages In This Thread
[OPEN] Who Are You, White Rabit? - by Cierra - 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: [OPEN] Who Are You, White Rabit? - by Cierra - 05-10-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: [OPEN] Who Are You, White Rabit? - by Slaiter - 05-28-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: [OPEN] Who Are You, White Rabit? - by Cierra - 05-29-2013, 03:25 PM