the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gold Dust [Grey, Midas]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Look at me, toddlin’ around ‘n stuff.

I was off away from Ma, obviously, being a busy body with my stubby little legs and my own little list of stuff to take care of. Important stuff, hush-hush stuff, stuff I’ve long since forgotten about but my lil’ tot brain probably thought was the most important thing in the whole freaking world. I still didn’t talk—didn’t want to at the time—but someone was dumb enough to let me walk. I was getting’ in everyone’s face now, learning everyone’s business. Getting ready to hone every skill I possibly owned. I was, in short, a monster in the making.
But I didn’t think like that; I was just some tot on a mission.

I guess I should clarify a few things before I get more in-depth. I will never remember my life before Jiji; she’s a constant force to reckon with, a component to existance that never really began and that never really ends. Like breathing. Or taxes. Or whatever you will. But anyway, back to the whole Jiji thing. I was too young to understand the concept of “birth” and “being born” at that time, and the idea that someone, somewhere, was giving precious, fragile life to another was lost way over my tiny head. The fact that Jiji was just making her way into the wide world I now found myself walking all over would never penetrate my skull. It’s still a strange concept to me, just thinking about it like a rational adult—but let’s not get too hasty, now. I wasn’t a rational adult yet. I was Ros, short and stocky and ready for action, wondering where the hell Jiji went.

Somehow, I found Auntie without even trying. Not Ktulu (how even the hell do you say that name? Like honestly) or Chieftess, but Auntie. She was always a large mare, and will remain a reputable force of strength and granite power in my books. Auntie equated to power, to control and everything respectable about being a leader. I would emulate her one of these days, when I figured out what the heck “emulate” even meant. Well, here she was now, still large with a little less gut, and there was this…thing, laying there. No, not a thing, excuse me. What am I saying?

There was Jiji.

It didn’t feel like I was meeting my baby cousin, my little sister, my best friend at that moment. There wasn’t some spark of total understanding, some groundbreaking realization that I was meeting one of the few people I would truly care about in the crazy labyrinth of my future debts. She was just Jiji, tiny as me with awkward wings and gold all over that black-night pelt. It was just another day in the life of Jiji and me, and we were just meeting like usual, except it felt like she was a tad bit late. Silly Jiji, keeping me waiting. I made my first sound that day (I still refused to talk). It was a snort that gradually gave way to a small, warbling sort of whinny. It was forceful, and cheerful, and impatient and all sorts of other character indicators.

‘Bout time! I was saying. You’re late!

Messages In This Thread
Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ktulu - 05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Roskuld - 05-09-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Midas - 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ophelia - 05-11-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Lakota - 05-15-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ranjiri - 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Roskuld - 06-09-2013, 07:59 PM