the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gold Dust [Grey, Midas]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   Ranjiri</style>
  give me strength when i'm standing and faith when i fall</style>

The light hurt my eyes, momma. I was so used to the darkness that I didn't know what to do when light washed over me and stung my eyes. Everything that day was an assault on my senses from the light to the sounds of so many voices to the breeze that rippled the grass. I settled for shivering while your cleaned me but I thought that it didn't last quite long enough. You gave me warmth and when you stopped the warmth disappeared only to be renewed later. Roskuld was the first one to make it to see me, do you remember that momma? Daddy followed shortly after, but Ros was the first one there to welcome me. We became really close really quickly. She's my best friend. No, she's more than that. She's the sister you never gave me.

I didn't pay too much attention to daddy when he finally made it to see us. He loves you so much, momma. Could you see it in his eyes? I could. I know you love him, too, but there's a distance you keep, isn't there? Do you do it to protect yourself? My attention was drawn away from you by Aunt Ophie. I rotated one of my ears toward her when she told me good morning and I fluttered my downy wings because I couldn't yet talk having just been born. More came and though I probably should have been trying by then to find my legs I just continued to lay there and watch them as they all came to greet me like I was someone important.

I am not important. I am simply Ranjiri.

I'm sure you remember well everyone that came, momma. I think you might remember Lakota, especially. She's a sweet mare, I think. She was the first one that came straight to me and spoke a lot of words. Some of them I couldn't quite understand at the time but I understand them now. I remember the look in her eyes well. You didn't see it did you, momma? She looked so sad and so conflicted. She prayed over me, kissed my forehead, and gifted me with an amulet from the God of the Earth. I may have been a newborn, but even I understood what a gift was. I was young but not stupid. In return I pressed my face against Lakota's. It was in my mind that I prayed for her, wished her to find what truly made her happy in her life and once she found it I prayed for her to have the strength to grab hold of it and keep it. She deserves happiness, don't you think?

When Lakota moved on to Ros I finally took to my feet after a couple of spills. I remember the look in your eyes when you helped steady me so I could have my first drink. I remember hearing laughs at the way my wings began to flap as I drank eagerly and hungrily. It felt like forever before I had finally finished drinking, but when I was finished I had a full belly. You even commented on how round it looked. Being full and being a newborn didn't stop me from turning and looking around at everyone that had gathered. By that time Lakota had finished and Ros was free. I know I was shaky, but I made a show of trotting over to the other filly and shoving my muzzle against hers in greeting to her.

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ktulu - 05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Roskuld - 05-09-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Midas - 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ophelia - 05-11-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Lakota - 05-15-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ranjiri - 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Roskuld - 06-09-2013, 07:59 PM