the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gold Dust [Grey, Midas]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Was I rude for ignoring everyone who came by to see the tiny new breath of life that lay at my feet? Maybe, maybe not. True, I could’ve at least givenMa a glance of wordless acknowledgement, tearing my eyes away from Jiji for a span of heart-beats, just long enough to eye Ma with a look of “So. Finally made it?” But that was too much for me, to look away from Jiji for even a breath; there was an urgent need to keep my eyes on her, fearing that, if I looked away, she would disappear and be late for another meeting between us. Nuh-uh. Not on my watch.

We were suddenly assaulted! Perhaps, if I had actually paid some sort of attention to my surroundings, I would have noticed the dark mare that wandered much too close to me and Jijij. I protested vehemently, snorting and throwing my head in all sorts of crazy directions as she kneeled before my bestie, placing some strange object around her neck. If I had any sort of coordination, I would’ve charged her—but I was still in that awkward stage between walking and toddling, and toddling doesn’t allow much leeway for actual offensive maneuvering. So all that protesting and whatnot was done quite stationary.

But then she turned on me, and I stomped about and lashed my bush of a tail, giving a tiny rear and the smallest whinny imaginable to get her away from me. I stumbled though (I was such a gangly little thing), and by the time I got my footing just right again, the clever bastard managed to slip another of those strange things around my neck. As she did so, some of the most boring words ever conceived in the history of forever came bumbling out of her maw.

*"I can see you will become a hellion quite soon, a pearl and sapphire flame that everyone will hesitate to cross paths blah blah blah…..Protect those who do not have your courage, Roskuld yadda yadda…. Let your words be true, no matter if others would prefer to be blind and happy in a fantasy world. Stand up for what you believe, and never let another blablah your blah blah blah…..."*

As you can see, it was just a whole bunch of blather coming straight out of her face. At least, that’s what it was to me: as a swaddling babe, there was no way of recognizing the soulful pain behind her eyes, the heaviness in her heart that escaped through the sincere prayers she spoke above us. Maybe one day I would realize just how precious her gifts were; maybe I would seek her out in some solitary shadow and find a way to thank her for her thoughtfulness.

Right now, however? I just wanted Jiji.

I gave a great sloppy snort as the shadow-mare bent above me, and when she withdrew I found myself nose-to-nose with the very filly whose company I yearned for the most. I looked at her, letting her muzzle touch my own; in my gaze there might have been a sliver of some of those inconsiderate baby things that had ran through my head. What a lot of blather, huh? My eyes said, dancing as they beheld my very own Jiji.

Mine. You hear that? All mine.

[Don't mind me, just super late Smithers being super late...]

Messages In This Thread
Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ktulu - 05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Roskuld - 05-09-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Midas - 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ophelia - 05-11-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Lakota - 05-15-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ranjiri - 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Roskuld - 06-09-2013, 07:59 PM