the Rift

[PRIVATE] Quietude [Smoke]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Soft chitters rose as Zaffre dropped from the bough he'd perched upon to the stable platform of his bonded's back. Wings tucked in tight, he crept up to balance over her withers and reach out to at last return Israfel's gesture of greeting. As she began to speak he leapt nimbly up and over mare and yearling's heads to land upon Israfel's back. There he stretched out between the joins of her wings and began to croon softly.

Attentive and quiet, Smoke listened to the emotion-wracked words of her youngest daughter. It disturbed her to not hear the familiar pride and spunk in the pale yearling's voice, only an unusual quietness. Ears tilted to catch ear word, and she didn't protest when Israfel stepped back, merely watched with interest.

Dark eyes closed when the last words had tumbled out and a small silence, disturbed only by Zaffre's low crooning, fell. This was not how she wanted to tell Israfel about the circumstances surrounding her conception. Nor had she wanted to say anything too early and turn the Sun's daughter against him. A deep breath expanded her barrel before she let it out in a slow sigh and opened her eyes to regard Israfel.

"There is truth in his words, my dear. Though you will never find it here, that hatred he spoke of. Even if your father's darker side affected many who live here." She paused, considering. "And I suspect I know something of that beast. They are two different stories, your father and the tale about that beast. I will tell you both, if you wish." Dark eyes were searching as they met vermillion ones. "Neither are very pleasant."

Shifting forward, Smoke pivoted to stand side by side, shoulder to shoulder with Israfel. "One takes place here, in Helovia. The other in Isilme, where I and your sister were born and were forced to leave from." Bending her neck, she touched her muzzle lightly to her daughter's neck. "Ask."

Messages In This Thread
Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-11-2013, 05:26 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-13-2013, 01:15 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 06-08-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 06-22-2013, 01:02 AM