the Rift

[PRIVATE] Quietude [Smoke]

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
It was... So much. Too much, almost. Isra's pale ears remained alert and poised forward as Smoke divulged the ancient information that she withheld, and the daughter of a Wild Rose and the Sun merely stood stationary and listened. In troubling parts, her ears would tip back, but not in anger. Oh, no... She was merely saddened, for much of this history spoke of such pain and unfathomable heart break that Israfel couldn't even comprehend.

She listened with keen interest of the story of Ra, the Sun's Emissary, and this noble stallion Voltaic, and their ultimate demise. It was what had led to put Kri on the throne of the Dragon's Throat, a bloody and terrible war that she had not been born for. Perhaps that was a priviledge, but as Smoke dove deeper into the tales of her father and his untameable wrath, Israfel couldn't help but be shocked. Yes, she knew that the God of the Sun was a force to be reckoned with and contained a fiery rage, much like she herself did... But had he reallly done such terrible things? At mention of the burnt and charred cleaing in the Edge, these very lands, Israfel gave a dip of her head to signal that yes, she had.

"I have... But I was much younger. I didn't understand what had happend, just that seeing the trees and ground scorched made me kind of... Sad. I had no idea that it was created by father's doing." There was a troubled look to the demi-goddesses vermillion eyes, the fiery orange depths of her irises darkened with trouble. She still loved her father dearly, yes, but... This did change how she viewed him. The world could not survive without light, she knew, but even though fire gave that very element, it was the wrath of the fire that must be respected. Beautiful yet dangerous...

Israfel continued to listen about this tale of Isilme, the name of a land that she had only heard snippets about in passing. A few of the adults that she had encountered had spoken of this land dubbed Isilme, and briefly, in passing, the golden-hued princess would wonder just what had become of it. Little to her knowledge, today would be the day.

Still, as her pale lips remained sealed to not interrupt her mother, Israfel couldn't help but give Smoke a wild and confused look at the notion of there being other Gods. The Gods of Earth, Moon, Sun, and Time weren't all there were? But... how? Still, Israfel kept her mouth shut and listened keenly to the stories of Nieque, Cinnoru, and Sepagus, and then of Imiq, Aarde, and Cielo. All of these names were foreign to her, she knew, but there was a certain weight beneath each of them. They had lived and died, Israfel realized, and they had each experienced life in ways that she could not fathom. Gods... What a fool she was.

Standing beside her mother, Israfel's vermillion depths drifted downwards to the golden shines of her hooves. Weight shifting back and forth, breath entering and leaving her body in calm motions, Israfel pushed her golden hooves further into the dirt. The feathers upon her wings quivered as she digested and soaked in all of this new information, listening of her mother's quarrels and the origins of the scars that marred her legs and hide. So, that was how...

'I swore I'd raise you better than them, Israfel.' Smoke said to her, clearly maimed with pain with the uncovering of old memories. 'It is good to have pride, but balanced with humility. Too much pride has been the downfall of many a horse, regardless of species.'

"Mother..." Israfel was unable to form the words that collected in her throat. They sat there, collecting and forming and all struggling against one another to come out at once, but the only thing that could even push forth from the depths of her maw was an utterly pathetic plea of, "Mama." An endearing word, desperation and fear and uncertainty all rolled into two syllables... Would she turn out like that? Is that what the God of the Spark had warned her of in his vision? Is that why she needed to change? Was Smoke ashamed that her daughter had been going down the same path that those created before her had done? Was there still hope for her?

"Mama... I'm... Very sorry." Tears threatened to fall, swimming in the depths of the demi-goddess' fiery eyes. This was all too much to take in, a whole new world that Israfel hadn't even known existed... Perhaps, if she had been able to see past her own muzzle for a few moments, then it wouldn't have come down to this. "I don't want to turn out like them... And I'm sorry if I've let you down. I never wanted to... I just wanted to make you and father proud of me." Of course, Isra realized now, she had done a poor job of going about it...

"What should I do?" She asked at last, lifting her gaze to meet Smoke's dark eyes. Reaching forward with her muzzle, neck stretching, the daughter of Roses and Light moved to brush her nose against her mother's neck, mindful of her horn. "How can I make a difference?"

Messages In This Thread
Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-11-2013, 05:26 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-13-2013, 01:15 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 06-08-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 06-22-2013, 01:02 AM