the Rift

[PRIVATE] Quietude [Smoke]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Only briefly did Smoke pause in her recountings, allowing her youngest child the opportunity to speak quiet words admitting to that which the Wild Rose knew. A soft, sad smile curved her lips then, before she continued.

Finally, at last, the tales were told and she waited to see how well Israfel dealt with all she'd just listened to. Ears twitched as the young voice spoke, dark head bending to touch the curve of a pale neck. Back the clock seemed to roll at the plaintive murmur of Mama, making the Wild Rose ache inside, knowing the confusion and fear had been more than partially caused by the stories she'd told. Gently she slung her head over Israfel's neck, drawing the young hybrid close in a reassuring hug.

"Israfel, my dear child. You've never let me down, and I've always been proud of you." Tenderly she smiled down into vermillion eyes as she eased back, tipping her muzzle to reach her daughter's reaching one. "Be kind, be compassionate. Fight to defend yourself, your home, and those you love. Question everything, learn all you can. Remember to listen, remember to watch. And life will treat you well, my child. It is not always easy, and you will question the advice I give you, but remember. Even will all seems lost, there is always another day. It will always get better, no matter what you lose. There is always something to gain." She spoke from experience, voice quivering with echoes of memories. She had lost, lost much. Homes, friends, lovers. But she persevered, gained new homes, new friends. Knew that much would be the same for her children, whatever their heritage.

Messages In This Thread
Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-11-2013, 05:26 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-13-2013, 01:15 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 06-08-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 06-22-2013, 01:02 AM