[OPEN] [Finished] I Could Be Your Hero, Baby [Voodoo, Open]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Africa

Clinkety-clink, clinkety-clink
Clinkety-clink, clinkety-clink

Africa shivered, cold and filled with a strange combination of brazen fear. She could feel now, the hot presence of the colt behind her and her pace slowed somewhat, given the hazardous nature of this descending path. She could not tell if it would lead them straight into the churning wash of salty ocean itself, hungering up the face of the stony cliff beneath their hooves; nor if the hounds chasing them would notice the slight drop and put a grave end to their escape. She held tightly onto the spark of hope which lingered perpetually in her soul, the up-beat manner through which she accepted her trials and tribulations- there was no other option now.

The path was steep and gravelly, and the rain pummelled them relentlessly, spewing in channels down the gradient before their tread. It was slippery and the danger ignited excitement within her. Down, down she slipped and skidded. No matter how carefully she placed her hooves, they seemed to struggle to find purchase in the clay-mud. She could not tell how far down the side of the precipice they had climbed, but to her surprise- finally, a small fissure in the rock opened to their left. No light shed to guide their passing, but as the storm raged in swirling, violent torrents, Africa decided to take the risk.

Apprehensively her body wheeled left and she passed into the cave with clenched wings. Dank, mouldy air filled her nostrils- and they pinched together tightly, repulsed and nauseated by the strange underground place. It was eerily quiet. Cupped ears danced wildly as they tried in vain to seize even the slightest of noises. A flash of lightning outside illuminated a small area around them while she lingered close by to the entrance. “I can’t hear anything...” She whispered nervously, turning through the blinding darkness to search for her friend. She could hear his breathing; her own paranoid heaving- but nothing else, above the now muffled roaring out there.

“Voodoo...?” Came her soft voice again. “...I’m glad I met you.” It was true, and while she was not surrendering to any deep, sentimental moment, little else seemed appropriate at that given moment. Africa fluttered her nostrils at last, exhaling at length. She could not tell if the cave crawled any further back beneath the plateau, the echo of their breathing and her voice murmured only lightly in reply, so she could only presume the walls were not hugging close. “I’m not sure where we are... I’m a little nervous.” Africa found the colt then with her outstretched muzzle, and she traced along his body, tenderly, to stand closer and share his warmth. The illusion began to flicker now, the storm was not so prevalent; and surely if their pursuers had followed, they would have stumbled into the cave by now.

Africa sighed.

Art by Nevada
Table by Neo!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Could Be Your Hero, Baby [Voodoo, Open] - by Africa - 05-22-2013, 05:57 AM