the Rift

[OPEN] [Finished] I Could Be Your Hero, Baby [Voodoo, Open]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Africa

"What are you going to do with it?" Voodoo asked, and for a second Africa tasted something other than blunt, obnoxious sarcasm in his voice. Her thick arced neck lifted, bending then to reach her ashen face towards where his muzzle had unexpectedly contacted her shoulder. Curiously her caramel eyes passed between each of his eerily blood-red eyes, trapping him unintentionally in an intimate moment that was possibly never meant to be. She told herself silently that he was like the brother she never had; though as she tried to douse the burning sentiment sparked by their touch, the young mare was tickled with something alike to infatuation. Her tender gaze released him, and blushing beneath the thin mask of white facial-fur, she answered, “Maybe I will take it home to show Sohalia or Midas...” They were by far the two wisest beings of all her acquainted family, and she sighed humbly at the mention of their names.

Shifting through a mess of strung out thoughts; Africa glanced heavenward to examine the hour as it cast increasing shade upon them. The daylight was fading quickly now, and only half of the glowing red sun peeked above the distant watery horizon. She was saddened by the thought of parting with Voodoo- she had enjoyed his company, and her heart held their memories with a mellow fondness. Still staring through a pensive glaze, she thought back to others she had encountered since coming to Helovia; those who she had promised to remain in contact with- but alas had never found again. “Voodoo?” She mumbled thoughtfully without eye contact. “Do you think we will see each other again?” Kri’s warning echoed through the narrow cavity holding her simple, though creative mind. She had warned all of the Throat family to travel in pairs; to pass through Helovia with caution.
Secretly Africa was glad she had not heeded her lead Sultana’s counsel- if she had not, this colt would still be a stranger viewed with suspicion and passed with wide berth. Even if her straying from the border of her home had been somewhat of an accident, truly, she had still broken the rules.

Carefully, the young grey did not probe for the name of his homeland- she prayed it was not the Basin, and so avoided the probability of such disappointment. “If we don’t,” she continued suddenly after a lengthy delay, “I won’t be able to tell you what it is!” Africa peered apprehensively at the presence of the pointed, spiralling red ivory between the temperamental expression in his crimson eyes. She smiled quickly, shunning her reservations and bending without hesitation to pick up the jewel they had found. Naturally, she assumed ownership- it was a gem of some sort so obviously it would be better suited to a female, like herself. Africa turned her whole body then in a graceful swinging motion to face the colt head on, the rich sunset wash of purple, red and orange illuminating his grullo form from behind. “I suppose this is it?” She muttered a little wistfully, though the smile lingered enduringly while she remained with him. A piece of her wanted to follow him, to tag along wherever he ended up going after this cliff; she knew though with unusual sensibility, that she should return home to the refuge of her beloved Throat.

[*sniffle :(]

Art by Nevada
Table by Neo!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Could Be Your Hero, Baby [Voodoo, Open] - by Africa - 06-03-2013, 06:39 PM