the Rift

[OPEN] Wanting blood [Knox ; Open]

Donai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

DONAI

The Leopard

Restless wind and biting cold, the weather was getting worse and worse by the days. And my cramping stomach wasn't getting any fuller, partly due to my caution whilst settling in. But now the pain is becoming too much to bare and my muscles are aching with rotting poisons left over from my body's last bit of energy reserves. It's time to hunt, it's time to eat.
I slunk through the tall amber grass like a crocodile through muddy water. My body concealed by the endless sea of blades, I kept my foot steps light on the ground to prevent any sounds. My senses sifting my surroundings aiming to catch even the slightest sign of food.

I was a bit disappointed though, I was told there would be creatures here, but they seem to come and go like phantoms. Slipping by me only for a brief glance and then vanishing again back into the unknown. I recalled that beautiful blue fellow I'd met days ago, I wonder how he's doing. But I honestly expected to see more life.

My thoughts took me back to my previous home, the terrain looked similar but the conditions were a lot warmer and dryer. Still there was plenty of life around. Even if you went for days without seeing something to eat, when you found creatures around, they came in numbers. Sometimes twenty, sometimes fifty. Sometimes as far as the eye could see. Stone-feet blanketing the grasslands in a steady current of drifting food. My problem back at home was never finding food, it was catching it.

I leaped casually onto an erratic boulder half protruding from the wavering grass. My tail coiling gently around my paws, I let my haunch drop to rest on the rock in a relaxed sit with my back to the sun and the wind in my face. I looked over the foot-hills in eagerness to see anyone. Hopefully someone eatable?

Messages In This Thread
Wanting blood [Knox ; Open] - by Donai - 05-14-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Wanting blood [Knox ; Open] - by Knox - 05-16-2013, 07:43 PM