the Rift

[OPEN] pretty little life [open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

My feathers are bent at an angle, the crook of my shoulders stretched out as far as they might go. The muscles pull tendons up and down, thrusting this bulk higher, and higher still. Cool moisture dampens my desert hardened body, clouds tug at the flowing banner behind me; and unknowingly I leave a streak of white in the sky. The world cycles beneath my tightly curled limbs. I soar on updrafts when able, but mostly I thrust heavily forward; eager to reach my destination and finding thrill from testing the limits of speed.

Soon the dark forest disappears and a wide open meadows stretch out ahead, I halt my flapping for a few beats and instantly drop more than a few feet. They open wide again and the wind catches the secondary’s until I am level with the ground. My feet extend from their retracted position, uncurling toward earth in preparation for a landing. Soil touches back golden tips first, and then my hindquarters fall completely upon the ground while wings backpedal until they fanned enough air to halt an approach entirely.

By now my face was becoming a common sight to those that lived within the Foothills. Both leaders had granted their blessing on visitation of both Ktulu and my lovely daughter, Ranjiri. After crossing the edge of their territory I took point to a spot that my mate often went on occasion. It was breezy and secluded enough. My choice was rewarded, the bright sight of my youngest child comes into view, a golden blazed babe who bore her sire’s element. The smile that filtered in was a natural one full of joy, I wasn’t put off by the strange lass who was talking to Ranjiri. I recognized the starry girl from an ocean venture a few weeks back…and what a strange meeting it had been.

Quietly I approach toward the end of their conversation, “Good day ladies,” my voice lowers an octave, calmingly smooth as silk and drumming enough to sound like the waves crashing upon a distant beach. With all the adoration in this world I approach Ranjiri, extending my head to brush across her neck and run my lips down her small face should she allow it, “I’ve missed you little one.” I whisper, softly, for her ears alone.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
pretty little life [open] - by Ranjiri - 05-14-2013, 10:25 PM
RE: pretty little life [open] - by Irrydae - 05-16-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: pretty little life [open] - by Ranjiri - 05-17-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: pretty little life [open] - by Irrydae - 05-19-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: pretty little life [open] - by Ranjiri - 05-22-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: pretty little life [open] - by Midas - 05-24-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: pretty little life [open] - by Irrydae - 06-02-2013, 12:29 PM
RE: pretty little life [open] - by Ranjiri - 06-17-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: pretty little life [open] - by Midas - 06-28-2013, 07:04 PM