the Rift

[OPEN] Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open}

Talianna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Be it flood or be it fire
I will come in times most dire

Long chocolate tresses beat against my striped neck, ensnaring a few dark strands in the feathers that hang by my chest and act as my crown. The wind is relentless in its attempts to remove my headdress, and the gold strands that wrap around my ears tug gently with each gust of air. Most others would find this annoying, but I find it to be gloriously liberating. The constant pressure to remain vigilant of my every movement can be rather stressful, and so the lack of anxiety that I feel for the jewel upon my brow is more than welcome.

With a sense of purpose propelling me onwards, I manage to make much better time than I had originally intended. Mere weeks have passed since my encounter with the winged child, but it feels much longer. I have either spent too many moons away from my beloved Gods, or I have spent one too many days underneath the aching touch of the sun. I don't think that I've ever felt so disoriented in my life -- or is the heat just getting to me? Perhaps it is time that I stop wandering aimlessly, and just wait for fate to take me up in its strong embrace. That particular method has worked well for me in the past.

I take a brief pause to take in the barren land around me, my mismatched eyes squinted to prevent the sun from harming them with its intensity. My attempts have proven futile, however, and for it the orb's violent glare proves to be unforgiving. The tree-bare landscape does not offer to take me in its earthen arms and protect me from the sweltering heat, but I do not mind the in-hospitality of this harsh environment.

After all, it is sometimes the more difficult things in life that bring forth the most wonderful.

Walk walk walk.

"Talk talk talk".

{OOC: Talianna just wants to meet with the herd leads to let her position as a sort of nomad-healer be known. I hate starting threads >.< Can you tell?

@[Midas]; @[Skysong]; @[Sumati]; @[Kri]}

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Talianna - 05-15-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Skysong - 06-08-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Talianna - 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Skysong - 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Talianna - 07-01-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Skysong - 07-21-2013, 10:15 PM