the Rift

[OPEN] Exploration At It's Best [Semira]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Akaith warbled from her tree, and it sounded like a scolding, the sounds cascading into shriller tones, and I knew, without even glancing at her, that she was scolding me. I could not help the indifference I displayed for the situation at hand - was it caution that stilled my tongue and paused my steps? Or was it a yearning to be like our mother, to wait, and analyse a situation before becoming involved? I liked to think it was the latter, instead of a shyness that my sister clearly did not possess. It was overwhelming, this need of mine to analyse - perhaps as time went on, I would be able to complete my analysis of a situation as swiftly as mother did now.

The golden dragon's noises levelled down to quiet chortles, and I could hear the distinct warble of amusement coming from her maw now, even as my sister insisted this kindly fellow was indeed, a kindly fellow. He asked after my name, and upon giving me his own, I employed my sensitive nostrils to confirm that yes, he was from the Edge. How could I have been sure beforehand? He might have masked his foreign scent with our own to throw us off guard - but Akaith and Semira both have accepted his presence, and so I feel myself slowly, if begrudgingly, accept it too. I nod my tiara to him, acknowledging his words, summoning my own voice to reply to him.

"Amaris." I say simply, the word strung out by my melodic voice seemingly at random, as my sharp gaze flicks from the stallion before me to the filly beside me. "Why are you beyond the borders?" I turn my attention back to him, uninterested in divulging my reasons for coming here - sister has revealed them all anyway - and wanting to simply know more about him. He was not a cousin to me, but he was a herdmate, and perhaps, in time, he could become a friend.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Marius - 05-15-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Semira - 05-15-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Amaris - 05-16-2013, 03:51 AM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Marius - 05-16-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Semira - 05-29-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Amaris - 06-02-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Marius - 06-05-2013, 07:16 PM