the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Philosopher and The Poisoner [Lakota]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Stereotypes and assumptions are awful things, and the two faes seem to realize this together, bashfully admitting to their own incorrect thoughts. Though, Lakota’s lips twitched in amusement at Arah’s confession, crown swaying softly to and fro and giggling quietly. ”It is easy to misunderstand us, I admit. Being a part of the Grey, I can still see from the viewpoint of others. But to me, it’s far different. They are my family, my brothers and sisters, and I’ve never seen a group so well connected and trusting towards each other. I would trust my back and my protection to Grey members I’ve never met, simply because I would do the same,” she murmured softly, allowing Arah to choose whether she listened or not. Aureate gaze flickered to her prince, and Lakota smiled between them, touched that Aodaun had helped to show Arah that they were not heartless. In time he would grow to fit the terror of his species, become a warrior just like his idol Eytan, but his heart would always belong to Lakota. She sees it in the adoring way he gazes at her, even as the two females fall into a slightly awkward silence, only broken by Lakota’s attempt at conversation. Shivers dance on her skin in remembrance of colder months in lands where winter was harsh and had taken its toll on her skinny, lightly muscled frame. Athletic was perhaps a better description with how frail she appeared, but Lakota was nothing if not independent and refused to appear weak or even sound so in her own thoughts. Arah swore it truly wasn’t that terrible, but Lakota was rather certain she’d never venture there willingly to find out.

Though she’d feared that she’d been rambling in adoration over her screwy Grey family, Arah seemed to follow her example and do the same, except with far more words than the reserved Poisoner could ever eloquently construct. But it’s nice to see the glow of her face, the wistful almost homesick expression she wears. Though it’s surprising she claims to have no stallion to warm her side at night, and an eyebrow rose on Lakota’s features to display it. ”I’m rather surprised you do not, to be candid. Any reason why?” Maybe she was prying, but Kota didn’t really care. If she was, then Arah didn’t have to tell her. Hiding the truth with dodgy expressions and socially acceptable white lies was not a pastime Kota took part in, and never would. If she had something to say or to ask, she said it. But understanding made the darkly fae bow her crown knowingly, wistfulness in her truthful irises. "I can sympathize, Arah. Don't apologize to me for having emotions, they will do you well. Don't lose them." Perhaps, was that too much of a hint to the woman, regardless of whether she'd meant to give it or not?

They remained in quiet stalemate until the pearly maiden hooked Lakota with curiosity, pulling her in, dark walkers pressing light weight onto the shifting stones below. They were smooth from years of water coursing over rough surfaces, persistence turning something ugly and harsh into a new beautiful specimen. The significance was lost on the dark vixen that crossed the chilled width of the creek. Sunlight peeked through the decaying branches that clouded the poisoner's eyes as the other dame smiled at her encouragingly. She'll hurt you just like the others, Kota, her mind whispered softly. Hurt her before she hurts you, fool! Today the viper goes unheard, its rattling tail stomped beneath hard obsidian hooves that draw her ever closer to the honey sweet mistress she nears. What was the saying? You catch more flies with honey than vinegar? Well, she was the curious black bear shoving her snout and paw into the hive, knowing full well she'd be stung, but desiring the sweetness held inside that was so absent from her life. We always want what we can't have. Beauty and the Beast.

Arah laughed gently, like a dove cooing, or chimes in the distance. "It's my job to be good at words." Lakota gave a smile in reply, hoping it didn't look as nervous as she felt. But, right as she lifted her gaze to Arah's, the ivory maiden gave a wink. Kota's mulberry irises went wide, face flushing with heat and ears dropping to half-mast, suddenly shy and flustered. Head moving slightly to the side so they were no longer face to face, demurely dropping her gaze as she hid behind her locks, not knowing how to handle such a...a...flirtatious gesture! Stammering fell from her lips, trying to form words even if she had no idea what to say. Where in the world had that come from! Her heart was racing away with her, pulse drumming in her throat, and an odd squeak echoed from her dark lips. Gods, why was she so pathetic when it came to anything remotely flirtatious?! She could fight to the death, cover herself in gore and guts, and still be bellowing for more. She could make people cower with a single look, give and receive respect, and move people with the passion- even if not the eloquence- of her words. So why was she such a mouse when it came to something like this? Lakota the Poisoner, kicking ass and killing sass, only to be defeated by a single wink. How fitting.

Just when she thought she'd finally composed herself, the beautiful woman harshly corrected her degrading thoughts. Lakota shrunk down in surprise, still so off-kilter that a small eep escaped in her surprised. Watching Arah through her bangs, eyes wide as an owl's, her face showed just how touched and weak she was in this situation. In fact she was finding it rather hard to breathe beneath that intense golden stare, the passion and understanding in her lyrics. How could she see through Lakota so easily? Upon their first meeting? When her words went soft again, the dark dame finally found her words after a bit of stuttering. "I-I...th-thank you, Arah," she breathed, a little squeakily. Well, there went her stupid pulse again. Couldn't it just settle down? Really, it was almost as if Ktulu was standing there! Oh gods, now wasn't that a thought? So many questions exploded in her mind at that one set of words, and she swayed slightly, physically dizzy from the force of it. Stepping a bit closer to Arah, she steadied herself without making the dizzy spell seem obvious, quieting her brain sharply. That was simply not something she could think of, not right now. Not ever, more like it.

She thanked the gods that Aodaun gave the both of them something else to focus on, smiling and humming softly in the affirmative to Arah's words. Yes, she would never forget the day she'd bonded with Ao. It was magical in more ways than just that which had cemented their bond. Her little snow prince meant so very much to her, she would never regret bonding with him.

There was no time to linger on memories, for the soft question that danced in her harks was far more serious and intriguing. Slowly a dark crown rose to view the dame once more, curious but also wary. Scared. What could it be like, then? To forget something like that? As Arah had said, would she? Opting for trembling silence, she took a few steps away from the ivory doe, barriers slamming shut around her and posture going defensive. A trapped animal with no place to run to escape its pursuer. But her eyes betrayed her, showed her fear, her curiosity. Arah had her hooked, and yet she was terrified to even remember the first strand of any of those memories, because it would shatter all the walls she'd put around them to keep them from destroying her.

Don't think about them, just don't think...at...all...

Silence. They remain close lipped, the both of them, for an immeasurable amount of time. At least...Lakota is. She is entranced by the words that Arah weaves around her, netting her while she is motionless like a magician winding its spell around a helpless specimen. Could she really make it go away? Just...poof? And oh, how childish that sounded, but it was so true. Lakota had never imagined she could just make a memory...disappear. The calm honesty in her gaze had Lakota's frame uncoiling from itself, taking a tentative step back towards the other lass. She couldn't help it. She should have turned around and run all the way back to the broken pieces of her heart that she'd left lying at young Ranjiri's hooves, but no. The prospect of finally being free...it was simply too enticing. How heavy her shoulders were with these memories, how chained she was to her past. Could Arah really banish her suffering so easily? Even so she smiled shyly and blushed, warmth upon her cheeks to know she was liked. That she was trusted. But...but Arah was stepping away. Refusing to look at her.

Lakota's heart jumped, aching, screaming at her to move forward. Something inside her screamed, wailed, begging Kota to rush forward, to have Arah stay. She had only just found her! No no no! Arah had finally seen her, had taken a look into the depths of her broken remains and still smiled lovingly, understandingly. She couldn't lose her just yet! Lakota stumbled forward almost blindly, eyes wide and desperate. "N-No please, don't go!" she breathed, only to recoil as if hitting a solid surface, shame in her eyes. How pathetic could she be? Chasing after someone she'd just met, who hailed from a herd who'd rather see her kind dead than beneath their hooves? "I-I...please. If you're willing to...please take it away. Please." Gods, didn't she just sound desperate? But she couldn't help it, and like a lost child she looked to Arah, praying she could follow through on her words.

In her mind she let the memories free.

"Demon! Demon! Look at it, it couldn't even be born right! Disgusting!"
--
"MOMMY YOU'RE HURTING ME, PLEASE, STOP!"
"Shut up, you disgust me!"
"LEO! PLEASE!"
"Shut up you little bitch!!"
--
"Hey Ithrim, what do you think of- ITHRIM?!"
"RUN, KOTA!"
"LET HIM GO! NO! ITHRIM!"
--
"You never had the guts to be a real killer."
"I'll prove you wrong right now, Father."
"You'll always be worthless."
"At least I won't be dead."
--
"I love you, Kota."
With a jolt, she woke up beneath the boughs of a tree of their new home. Throat quivered with a sob she withheld.
"No you don't, Ktulu."
--
I remember the look in her eyes well. You didn't see it did you, momma? She looked so sad and so conflicted. She prayed over me, kissed my forehead, and gifted me with an amulet from the God of the Earth. I may have been a newborn, but even I understood what a gift was. I was young but not stupid. In return I pressed my face against Lakota's. It was in my mind that I prayed for her, wished her to find what truly made her happy in her life and once she found it I prayed for her to have the strength to grab hold of it and keep it. She deserves happiness, don't you think?

---
Notes: The last one is directly from Ranjiri's post in her birth thread <'3 Arah can view whichever she chooses, or all of them, or whatever you like. Full magic usage permitted!

Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Philosopher and The Poisoner [Lakota] - by Lakota - 06-26-2013, 07:38 AM