[PRIVATE] My Sister, My Soul

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
look around you; the world is beautiful

She stares up at him with eyes of almond that hold a doe-like quality. They glimmer like rubies yet are soft as the petals that flourish upon the heart of every bloodred rose. So insecure, so worried, when he was told that yet another impossibly perfect lamb had joined their family. Hototo's handsome features had cowed Cera upon their meeting, and after Midas eagerly informed him of the little miss on the way, Cera knew the child of shadowed blood and radiant gold would be just as brilliant. Would Cera's plainness always give others the ability to outshine him? Would he be the forgotten, unwanted addition? The trip had been prolonged as far as Cera could push it, fearing the tiny newborn more than any monster that could sink venomous fangs into his hide. How long had he managed to evade the encounter? The inevitable depression and turmoil? Weeks, a month? Like a silent pale wraith he had followed his father away from the borders, restless. Thoughts bounced in his cranium like ricocheting bullets, lips unmoving and words not forthcoming as they traveled. Ilaria had fretted over him, worrying and smoothing out his appearance. All the while she sent him wave after wave of comfort and love, knowing just how sensitive Cera was to the notion of abandonment. How inadequate and unworthy he felt in the face of perfection that seemed to follow Ktulu and her offspring wherever they went.

He had stood quietly, head bowed without Hototo to comfort him, as introductions were made. Ranjiri, though he had heard her name enough in the past moons to have memorized every dip and sway of tone that accompanied the spoken title. Pale frost locks shielded vibrant emeralds that refused to look upon the little doll's face. It was clear he was to take her with him, give their parents time to talk and do whatever it was parents did alone together. So he had given her his side, her delicate form a brush of feather and felt against him. Only when they were alone did he finally suck in a breath and move away from her, gazing upon her at last.

Oh, how he had expected to envy her. Feel bitter over this perfect dream she completed, the real child of Ktulu and Midas instead of the half-blooded sons of himself and Hototo. A sink of the heart in the face of her sure beauty, for he could never be more than ordinary. All of this he had prepared for, and yet when he'd finally shifted his forelock and his vision cleared to see her all at once...

Cera fell in love.

Such a tiny cherry chocolate fae, with big innocent eyes that gazed upon his form with curiosity and trust. So pure, as untainted and subtly strong as the gold that coated her hoof to helm. How small she looked, wings not yet grown and horn still sprouting where a tiara ought to rest. A princess, born of a General and a Chieftess, and yet she seemed as harmless and kind as a fluffy chick that merely wanted to be cuddled and loved. So frail, even in comparison to his shockingly thin, lanky frame. In deep carmine irises he saw a world that was untouched with the hoofprints she would leave, a blank slate waiting for the fates to shape her into the lady she would become. Surely she would hold the strength of her dam, and the gentle heart of her sire. Cera saw all this, and yet it paled in comparison to something far simpler, far more intimate.

In her eyes, he saw his baby sister.

Ranjiri was so delicate in her age, untouched and shapeless, ready to be molded. It drew all breath from his lungs in shock, to be slammed to the very core with a surge of all-encompassing love for this adorable babe. The future that had once been so blank to him in her eyes was suddenly filled with images, future possibilities. In them, he was at her side with every step, just as surely as Hototo would protect the one that he could not. He wanted to shower her, drown her, with love. Smother her with it until she could not doubt that at least one soul in the universe loved her unconditionally. Cera wanted to show her the world, and yet protect her from the dangers that had ravaged his physical and mental being. Teach her, encourage and support her. Catch her when she fell, help her with the wings that fluttered at her sides. Lead her when she needed it, and follow when she had grown enough to pick a path of her own. Keep her at his side, teasing and playful.

Cera would never let his little angel be lonely as he had. He would be at her side with even the tiniest whimper of his name from her muzzle.

Oh, how he wanted to bring her to him and never let her go! Big Brother was a term he had never imagined in the titles of his future, but now it was the only one that sounded appealing or meaningful. So as he stared, shocked and blown away by a simple meeting of gazes, he knew that action was required. Ilaria sat calmly upon his shoulders, content and unwilling to interrupt the revelation dawning upon her prince's mind. Like sunshine a smile crossed his lips, never far from his expression with the natural radiance he possessed. Love seemed to shine forth, warming Ranjiri should she desire to bask in it. Cera gave it not only willingly, but eagerly. So much love rested in his soul, his very being, and yet he never seemed to run out. Merely adding more to his family, bringing those he cherished ever closer into orbit until they were trapped in his adoration as well. There would never be a lack of it in his chocolate cherry angel's life.

Thin, stockinged pillars moved closer to the tiny missus he had fallen head over heels for in just one moment, one look. Large wing lifted, pale downy feathers slowly replacing the caramels as he matured. Catching the sunlight and shining silver and frost, hues of beige and cinnamon all creating a canvas of warmth over Ranjiri's small form. Ever careful of the wing attached to the side he stood on, Cera draped his own over her and pulled her gently, gently, to his side. Muzzle dropping to brush and nudge encouragingly at the itty bitty one below him. Exchanging scents, giving an official hello. Body heat kept the faint chill of autumn from touching her, and curious deep, emerald-ringed auburn eyes peered from the space suddenly granted with the drop of his wing. Ilaria chittered softly and left the pair alone, nearly smug in her joy over this development.

Angling the best he could to face her, give her room to breathe should she wish, the yearling kept a feather-light touch upon her frame to keep away something as simple as the elements. Neck stretched elegantly towards the earth, visage soft and bright with love. "Ranjiri...I'm Cera. I'm your big brother. And you're my precious baby sister, my little angel Anji~" he cooed in a soft murmur, as if he was sharing a secret with her. It was as if the world had shrunk to only he and her, nothing more. The gravity of the world had shifted, and instead of being kept to the earth by the one physics declared true, it was she who kept him grounded and centered. His baby sister had, in mere seconds, become the very center of his universe. "I promise I'll try my hardest to be the best big brother, okay? I'll teach you everything I know, and we can go explore, make friends...and maybe even more than friends with how pretty you are, Anji!" Soft giggle escaped him, no longer the feminine soprano of his earlier months, but slowly dissolving into a sweet alto of honey and caramel, soothing to the ears. Playfully he lipped at the closest ear resting upon her crown, pulling away with orbs sparkling mischievously. "But I'll never, ever, ever let you go! I'll be mean and chase all those nasty boys away from you, because they'll never be good enough for you my angel Anji. I love you far more anyways," he whispered, winking conspiratorially and smiling enough to nearly burst the limits of his face. Oh, oh, how his heart sang! How she had changed him so suddenly!

But he couldn't keep her still and attentive forever, she was young and had the energy to match. Perhaps not the stamina, but she would acquire that before she even hit her third month of age. Nudging her gently with the wing that still hung protectively over her frame, he turned and started nudging at her shoulder and neck, enticing her into play. Nothing serious, she was far too breakable in his eyes. But he wanted to give her joy to revel in when he was forced to leave, and wanted to forge as many memories with her in this small amount of time to take with him when he departed. Maybe the memory of her warmth and presence would keep him from feeling lonely when he awoke to find his father absent from his side yet again.

My beloved angel, Anji,

I remember the first time I laid eyes on you. I was so afraid of you, even if you were half my size and no more threatening than a newborn chick. And I remember how you gazed at me with those pretty ruby eyes, so tiny and so perfect. I melted right there at your hooves, wouldn't you believe it Anji? Already you had me wrapped up in you, and right around your tiny little hoof from the first second. I was such a mess, babbling and holding you as if I would never let you go, promising not to.

You know what, Anji? I'll tell you a secret, just between you and I.

I never intend to.

Love,
Big Brother

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
My Sister, My Soul - by Cera - 05-16-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: My Sister, My Soul - by Ranjiri - 05-16-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: My Sister, My Soul - by Cera - 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM