[PRIVATE] My Sister, My Soul

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
look around you; the world is beautiful

Even as he had shielded his soul from her while they traveled in silence- one she could not break understandably just yet- there was never an ounce of hesitation in her soft flesh, still so untouched by the elements. Scraped knees and tears would both come as her legs grew and her balance shifted, but Cera would be there to pick her up and dust her off, kiss each scrape until she felt better. Tiny scars still stained his own, after all, and if he could prevent her from stumbling at all he would. Loneliness was a thief, and his pockets had been repeatedly picked of contentedness and importance ever since his mother- a faceless damsel he could no longer recall as he briefly could in younger days- had left him tiny and defenseless within the borders of the desert. Cera would be her bodyguard from that terrible demon, and his twin brother Depression. As sure as he knew the sun would set and rise once more, he knew that with the combined efforts of himself, Hototo, Midas, and Ktulu, Ranjiri would never be lonely. Even if Cera would take extra care to make sure she had him at her side as much as possible, despite knowing their homes were not shared. If it meant flying out every day, he would, just to spend the day and a few hours of twilight with her, if only to guard her dreams.

Deep garnet finds him and remains, and barely visible he witnesses a tiny curl of her lips, delicate as a butterfly's wing and far more precious than any magic or metal. His Anji is smiling at him, and for a moment they are two glowing fireflies. Casting light together, uncaring of whatever else surrounded them so long as they could keep each other happy and bright. And with her pressing so close, desiring his side and embrace, Cera's heart fluttered and flickered just like one of those vibrant little bugs. Indulging not only her but himself as well, he pulled her close until her fast, flitting heartbeat hummed against him like the wings of a hummingbird. She hung on every word, and he no longer felt the chill of autumn winds himself with the warmth that bloomed all over and inside him. Twining roses that he envisioned from her loving gaze into his ribcage, jade and crimson on pearl. Weaving herself into the very heart of him, leaving no place untouched with her love and gentility.

How he wishes to stay, to wrap her up and sleep between her and Hototo for the rest of his days, safe under the careful watch of Midas and Ktulu. It was a dream, and he knew it. His heart longed for the open skies and endless changing sands of the Throat, even if the sheltered forest was just as beautiful. Midas belonged there just as surely as Cera did, but it made him ache deep inside to know he could not simply stay. Soak in the love that surrounded him at every angle. Couldn't wake up to Hototo's hushed words, or hum Ranjiri to sleep. Though the same age, he had always felt far younger and more dependent on Hototo despite the differences in their natures. It hurt, to know his family was so close and yet held so far from him. Calling them by such an intimate title only made it worse, knowing it was no longer he and Midas. Did he regret it? Of course not, he would never regret having Hototo and Ranjiri in his life. If only two could become one, and he didn't have to spend cold nights with Midas as his only source of warmth, the anchor that kept him sane when the darkness threatened to swallow him whole.

These thoughts only saddened him, and so he watched with a wistful smile as Ranjiri took a few tentative steps away from his protective hold. Seeing her wobble made a lump lurch into his throat, the desire to rush forward and steady her like a worried mother hen nearly crushing him. If he did, though, she would never find legs of her own on the metaphorical path she would soon start carving out. As much as she could always rely on him, she had to find that inner strength just as he had. The same he saw in their parents. Heart lurches once more when she begins to run, spindly legs and frail bodice seeming so breakable as she moved away from him in a whirlwind of excitement that would surely leave her tired. Laughing, the patchy youth let a smooth canter fall from his legs, catching up to the newborn with ease. Crown lowering, eyes playful. As he passed her, he brushed the tips of his flight feathers against her as if tagging her. Soft lips curled in a grin, Ilaria upright and staring over at the babe, making soft noises of play to encourage her. The yearling never went too fast, always sure that Anji could catch him every once in a while.

Bleak, pale sunlight painted them in the patterns of the shifting leaves, and his laughter and her soft noises became the music to their dancing. Cera led her and then turned to chase, a circle that would only end when she would have no more energy to spare. Only then would he bathe her in the flowers he had seen, tie them loosely into her locks and hold her as she slept, never far away.

Dear Anji,

Today, I wondered if you and I would ever fight. Surely siblings fight sometimes? That means it is nearly inevitable. Yet something so modern, so natural, does not pass by me unnoticed. My chest burned, inflamed by the simple image of anger and hurt burning in your garnet eyes. I never want to yell at you, my little angel. I promise that if we ever fight, I'll take the blame no matter what.

I couldn't live with you angry at me, I would be a wreck before you had even turned to leave.

Let us be like two halves of one whole. Let there never be enough in this world to turn us against each other.

Love,
Big Brother

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
My Sister, My Soul - by Cera - 05-16-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: My Sister, My Soul - by Ranjiri - 05-16-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: My Sister, My Soul - by Cera - 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM