the Rift

[PRIVATE] My Sister, My Soul

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   Ranjiri</style>
  give me strength when i'm standing and faith when i fall</style>

You were my first game of chase, big brother. I admit that I didn't quite understand the concept at first and though I was the first to run away from you I didn't know how to feel when you passed me. My feelings were hurt and I thought you were already leaving me behind, but you came back to me. I think it was then that you became my rock. Every boy I met I compared to you and Ani (Hototo). None of them ever came close to being as important to me as my big brothers.

Our game of tag felt like it lasted forever. Everytime I tagged you you tagged me back. I know you slowed down to let me catch you and I loved that. We played for hours, but you let me rest on occasion. I took more than a few naps, I'll be honest. A few times when I woke I felt guilty for being a sleep and wasting our time together, but you never made me feel guilty about it. I guess even though you were young, too, you understood the needs of a newborn.

When the afternoon began to change to evening I remember feeling a heaviness in my heart because I knew you would be leaving with daddy to go back to the Throat. As we walked back to where we left momma and daddy I dragged my hooves, leaving lines in the dirt that lead back to the meadow we had played tag in. I didn't want you to leave, but you knew it. Daddy knew it. Momma knew it. Daddy never was one to want to stay gone too long from the Throat and momma had given up on trying to get him to stay. I think she was coming to accept that they wouldn't be together forever. They were both so different and had such different loyalties. Sometimes I still wonder what made them come together to create me.

I never wanted to hurt daddy's feelings, but at that time I wasn't too worried about him staying. I already knew his answer would be no. My focus was on you, my new big brother. "Stay?" I asked you, my voice cracking with both hope and sadness. I gave you puppy eyes for the first time to try and make you stay. My first time using cuteness and guilt to my advantage. I bet you were hoping that I wouldn't make a habit of it.

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
My Sister, My Soul - by Cera - 05-16-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: My Sister, My Soul - by Ranjiri - 05-16-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: My Sister, My Soul - by Cera - 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM