the Rift

[DROP] Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
[The season is Orangemoon, the scene the Deep Forest in the dead of night. Two vampire pigeons, known simply as the dumb one and the mean one, who, despite their names, share these traits equally, are hungry for a meal. They have successfully stolen a mysterious egg from its unattended nest, but are now struggling to transport it back to their home so they might feast.]

"Ugh, this thing is heavier than it looks."
"Talking about how heavy it is doesn't make it any lighter, now push!"
"You want me to push it? Oh, I'll push it!"
"Watch out!"

[The egg slips from beneath the wing of the dumb one and begins to tumble down a hill. Flustered, the mean one flies down to catch it, but a rock has already broken its fall. The dumb one flies down and tries to bite the egg, but instead chips a fang. The egg seems to have turned to stone as a form of protection.]

"Ow!"
"Great, look at it now. You ruined it!
"Well I'm not the one who decided to eat out, am I?
"Don't turn this one around on me!"
"Why not? It would probably still be happily nested with its mother right now if you hadn't gotten a hankering for a gourmet snack."
"Quiet! What if someone hears you?"
"Oh, right, like its mother is going to track us down and kill us for stealing her kid and turning it into a rock."
"...that sounds exactly what an angry mother would do, you featherbrain! Now shut up and help me move this, maybe we can fix it when we get it back to the den."

[The two begin to push against the stone egg in vain, it is far too heavy to move with a simple push. In the distance, there is a yowl and a rustling of leaves. The vampire pigeons both turn at the sound.]

"Uh-oh... you don't think..."
"You're kidding yourself. We were really, really sneaky. I don't think she saw us."
"Well, all I know is there's no way we're going to be able to move this. It's solid as a rock."
"It is a rock you idiot!"
"Well, rock or egg, there's no way we can move this on our own."

[A new character enters the scene...]

THE FIRST TASK: Help the vampire pigeons move the egg

This is a special companion drop for a common species specific companion.

The rules:
  • To join, you must post to this thread within the initial 96 hours opening limit. To win, you must continue to post within the 72 hour time limits posted throughout the thread.
  • Please specify in your post what your companion choice would be.
  • To win, you must not have another companion unless you have the 2 companion bond prize
  • To win, you must have had a species specific mythical companion on your character's wish list for 1 month or more
  • Dopplegangers cannot win the prize, but they can participate
  • Your character must attempt to carry out the tasks assigned in this thread (Those that do not will be allowed to post in the next round as an observer if they wish and do so within the time limit, but will not be considered for the prize)
  • Be creative! Simple solutions aren't always the answer.

Process explanation:
This is a hybrid dice roll and task oriented drop. Characters will be presented with questions and tasks that they must answer and carry out within the time limit. If your character fails to do these things at all or within the time limit, they will be taken out of consideration for the prize, and may only post thenceforth as silent observers. The winner will be decided by a die roll picking from those remaining in the final round.

Entrance period opens now and closes on 5/20/13.

Messages In This Thread
Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop] - by Random Event - 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Griffin Drop] - by Sakura - 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM