the Rift

[DROP] Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

[Overhead, the two vampire pigeons hush, unable to gain their composure as directly below, the Basilisk threatens the lives of all those below. She is not scared by the creatures of magic, being too enraged by the theft of her child to act rationally. Despite the mounting evidence that the egg is indeed not hers, she is unable to be swayed.]

Thievessss! Liarssss! You cheatsss can't tell me thisss is not my child! Thisss egg is wrapped in sssstone, just like you will be sssssoon, you inssolent beassstssss!

[The Basilisk slithers and darts closer to each mare, trying to scare and tempt each and every one so that they might look her in the eye. Above, the mean one cannot contain a squawk, and in a second its eyes meet the Basilisk's. It falls to the earth as a statue, and the dumb one flees in terror, forgetting any hunger he may have felt. When Irrydae and Semira use their magic, she only grows more enraged, and soon charges at them with her fangs bared.]

I'll show you! You monssssstersss! No one takess my ba- no on- my- ba-

[The Basilisk is stopped in its tracks and falls flat to the earth. Her eyes glaze over and she seems entirely subdued by Sakura's magic. The magic wielders and soon, Arah, will all owe Sakura their lives.]

You- you are all.... sssooooo.... mean. And, and... you! w-what do you take me for? I would never... never forget how Perssseusss killed the firsssst of my kind...

[The Basilisk throws herself weakly and tiredly at Arah, but is too soothed by Sakura's magic to let her rage harm anyone. Suddenly feeling sluggish, the Basilisk slithers slowly towards the egg, but is then stopped by Africa's voice.]

No.... not a... a weasssseel! Y-you ssssscoundrel. You, you ssswine!

[She screams and moves as quickly away from them all as she can, retreating into shadow, shouting out behind her as she leaves.]

Foolsssss! My baby will sssuffer under your care.

[With all the mythical creatures gone, all that remains is the egg. Seemingly of its own accord, it rolls towards Africa, easily crushing the box around it as it moves as if by magic. At her hooves it rests, touching to her ankles and suddenly shedding its shield of stone. Within, the body of a roc begins its stirring as the fate of the egg and its bonded are sealed.]

For their ingenuity and success in deterring the Basilisk in the final and most dangerous round, Africa and Sakura received +2 drops of their name each.

List: x
Roll: x

THE WINNER: Africa

Please post in the updates forum. You will be able to bond to the roc in two weeks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Griffin Drop] - by Sakura - 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop] - by Random Event - 05-29-2013, 10:04 PM