the Rift

[OPEN] Lamentation.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   Ranjiri</style>
  give me strength when i'm standing and faith when i fall</style>

I know you said not to leave the Foothills, momma, but the world is big and I to look around. You really can't fuss too much, I took Bear with me so he'll keep me safe. He's much bigger than I am and he's fearsome. Haven't you seen his sharp teeth? And those claws? Someone would have to be crazy to cross Bear and make him angry. I. think he gets his temper from you, momma. You look just like a bear when you're angry. When its just us you're cuddly, though. I know you never let anyone see it, so I won't tell anyone that you're secretly cuddly. It'll be our little secret.

If you could see me now, momma, you would probably smile and shake your head because you don't laugh often. I like it when you laugh because it reaches your eyes and you don't look as harsh as you usually do. It's tough being a leader, isn't it momma? You can say 'no' if you want to, but I know the truth. I can read it in the lines of your face and the stress that makes your muscles stiff sometimes. But it makes you happy to be a leader. I know that because I see the look in your eyes when you're surrounded by our family. They make you happy even if you hide it.

Anyways, like I was saying, you would probably smile and shake your head if you could see me. You know my wings are still fluffy with black and gold baby feathers, but they're stretched out at my sides as I run across the sand. Yeah, I made it all the way to the beach, momma. I think that's what big brother called it, anyway. Bear is still with me, but I'm so much faster than him. He's eating my sand, momma. Sometimes I flap my wings and close my eyes while I run and pretend that I'm flying like daddy and big brother.

Bear makes a warning noise and I snap my eyes back open and slow down enough to let him catch up with me because that's what you would want. There's someone that looks just like you, momma, and for a split second I think that you caught me and I'm ready to accept whatever punishment you give me, and that's why I keep walking closer. But it's not you, momma. Not unless you cut your hair and stained it red. And certainly not unless you turned yourself into a boy.

I remember that you told me one time that not all strangers are nice, but not all of them are bad. This one I'm not sure about, but how will I know if I just leave. "Hello!" I say to him in my cheerful little voice. If he's upset then hopefully my cheer will be contagious and he'll be happy, too. It works on you, momma. I trot closer even though Bear grumbles what I assume is a warning against doing so and I get a closer look at this boy. "You look like my momma!" He has red eyes just like yours momma!

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Lamentation. - by Paladin - 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Lamentation. - by Smoke - 05-17-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Lamentation. - by Ranjiri - 05-17-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Lamentation. - by Roux - 05-17-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Lamentation. - by Paladin - 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: Lamentation. - by Smoke - 05-22-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Lamentation. - by Ranjiri - 05-25-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: Lamentation. - by Soren - 05-27-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: Lamentation. - by Paladin - 06-06-2013, 05:12 PM