the Rift

[OPEN] Helpless

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Irrydae found herself back in the Thistle Meadow, grim faced and staring into the distance. She had spent all hours of the morning to get here. She had not flown, she had not run, but she had walked. She had moseyed along, watching the birds and critters and taking her time to look at peculiar plants or interesting lines in the bark of a tree. She was still stuck on her most recent meeting in the Threshold where she had been so blatantly denied. It left a bitter tasting in her mouth. She snorted roughly, teeth clenched as she watched the day fly by. She didn't know why she was here, but she had come nonetheless.

She lowered her neck, teeth snatching up blades of grass before she tenderly plucks and Thistle, enjoying the rare delicacy. It was rare for her, at least. Before long, she realizes that the sun is making it's descent into the sky. She raises her head, ears pricked forward and eyes gleaming as she watches the gorgeous sunset, tail swishing back and forth, back and forth. What a waste of a day. Then she hears it, muffled, distant voices. And she can smell others, and the rusty rancid smell of blood fills her nose. She recoils. I must go help. She swings her hips around, pushing off the ground with strong hind legs and quickly finding others. She listens to them talk quietly as she inspects to poor fawn. Yes, they needed to clean the blood, but they also must stanch the bleeding.

"Before we clean the blood we must stanch the bleeding," she finally speaks, golden orbs inspecting the two other horses. Oh how she wished she had healing magic now. If only she could reach Apollo quickly. Her head swivels around as she looks around for something that could restrict the blood flow. She then sees the bushes and motions toward them. "I will grab the leaves of the tall bush, we might be able to tie it above the wound... do either of you know if any of the flowers or berries does anything? Like reduce pain and possibly help the healing process?" She brainstorms aloud, instincts going into drive as she talks to the two, focus entirely on saving the poor baby.

Irrydae walks over to the fawn gently, wings dangling at her sides. "Hello," she breaths, smiling at him. "My name is Irrydae. I am here to help you- can you trust me?" She asks, not wanting to scare the traumatized fawn. If needed, she could tell him stories too, that was her job, right? She could keep him entertained and also help the other two with the wound. It was growing dark, and visibility would be a problem until she remembered.

With a simple thought, Aurora Borealis started to stream from the stars on the tips of her wings, rising up above them and illuminating them in a array of muffled colors. It was better then complete darkness, and she didn't know if the moon would be out or bright enough tonight. She glances up at the sky, hoping clouds won't gather and that things won't get too cold for the fawn.

So many problems, so little time.

irrydae,
image credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Messages In This Thread
Helpless - by Random Event - 05-18-2013, 12:11 AM
RE: Helpless - by Marius - 05-18-2013, 01:07 AM
RE: Helpless - by Farenjer - 05-18-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: Helpless - by Irrydae - 05-19-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: Helpless - by Tandavi - 05-19-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Helpless - by Africa - 05-19-2013, 04:50 PM