the Rift

[PRIVATE] Am I a Freak (For Getting Down?)

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The hunter's eyes lift as the secluded and intimate silence resting between himself and his bonded is broken. Manhattan alerts him first with a quick shift of her body, and as her haunches lift and her tail strikes his cannon, Knox follows the path of her gaze. Before them stand a starry pegasus mare of peculiar coloring; at her side, a being of the stares. Even Manhattan, ever curious, ever hungry for a meal, knows to stay back from the creature. It is not of this world, the hunter tells his companion through their powerful bond. Stay by me, I will protect you today.

Manhattan gives into exhaustion and listens this once. It is likely that she sees the mare as innocent, and her creature, magical as it may be, as no real threat. With each passing day she and her master grow stronger at each others' sides, and she knows now, that protective as she may be, Knox can take care of himself. It is strange for her to think that he is no longer the young colt she first met; it is strange for him to see how she has grown into such a sleek and powerful creature.

Knox lets his neck follow his eyes, and soon he stands tall to look down on the smaller mare. He pushes away from the tree, turning as he does so that he can face her, and nods. He scents nothing other than the grey upon her, and in turn his following words are civil. "Simply tired," he answers curtly, never having been one to speak much. Even as the words slip from his lips, Cem scolds him for showing any sort of weakness. Another, Zekiah, praises him for his lies- he has always been good at telling lies. He knows better than to share his murders with his fellow members of The Grey; with none of them being made under contract, knowledge of the death he has caused would only bring him trouble among the herd. "I'm afraid I haven't met you or your... friend," he goes on, realizing that he should learn the names of his fellow mercenaries. Realizing, of course, with the urgings of the sociable Roanne. "I am Knox."

Manhattan, aching with exhaustion, lets her body fall once more to his side. She rests in the dim shadow of the tree, her long, black feathered fur tracing faint lines in the cold dust. She sighs stiffly, letting her head fall to rest across her legs. Still, she keeps her eyes open and watches the star creature warily. She will rest, only at her master's insistence, but she will never stop protecting him.

img © nereis01

Messages In This Thread
Am I a Freak (For Getting Down?) - by Knox - 05-18-2013, 02:05 AM
RE: Am I a Freak (For Getting Down?) - by Irrydae - 05-18-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Am I a Freak (For Getting Down?) - by Knox - 05-21-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: Am I a Freak (For Getting Down?) - by Irrydae - 06-02-2013, 09:09 PM