the Rift

what lies beneath

Fawkes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My bones are groaning, and my muscles are ready for rest. I do not count my steps because I don't want to know how far I've come. I will always hold that reminder in my mind, and do not need more. The land stretches out in front of me, it is alive, growing despite the season before the white cold.

Almost there, I'm assured this will be it. My hooves continue to beat on the cool ground, drumming in my head the beat of my past. I do not let my old memories gain to much light. My nostrils widen, this air is clean, untainted, holds nothing of the past. It is refreshing, diving into my cells, and I find more energy to quicken my pace despite how my blue hide is dampened with my sweat.

The further I go I'm assured this is Helovia, my destination. "Finally," I breathe, taking a moment to take it all in, to realize I at least made it out of the inferno, out of the ashes. There was nothing left behind me, home was gone, and no one would not follow me. No, not the son of a dead King who failed and I did not blame any of them. They were afraid of what that might bring, what I had done, and I know I was as well. A bitter grin stretches my lips, but I press on through the forest to follow the trails of others. This is my rebirth.

Time continues passing with me, but even I must rest, must wait. I have no idea what is beyond the green and brown walls of the trees so I decide to find a shady spot, undisturbed where it seems many come and go. Long deep breaths I try to calm my breath, and keep silver eyes moving along the gaps in the wood. Eventually someone would come, or I could hope.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
what lies beneath - by Fawkes - 05-19-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: what lies beneath - by Fawkes - 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: what lies beneath - by Zdravilo - 05-23-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: what lies beneath - by Fawkes - 06-01-2013, 09:50 PM