the Rift

what lies beneath

Fawkes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I patiently stand as she continues to look me over. I wanted to again say something about that, but I instead wondered if she knew where to begin. Her interesting colored eyes met mine swiftly, and she first told me of her herd land, leaders, and a bit that seemed like too much information. It hit him, did I give off some vibe I would fit in this place or was it merely the weapon I had been born with? Vilo had said she was not and fit in. All this I tried to cram into my tired head knowing it was important. Edge, Aurora Basin, and Mauja and Psyche. Knowingly she gave me a second to chew on this. I already knew I probably did not want to set a foot in this Basin. It was too much like the place I had traveled. I listened carefully, thinking the Foothills sounded like a better place, though did that mean they were only full of unicorns too? I had no idea, but knew I would find out. The other two places she knew less except for her own herd's relations. That made me want to avoid them as well, but I tried to tell myself I would have to keep an open mind. Maybe, I was better off alone.

My eyes took on light of interest, a raise to my brow when she had lost her smile. I had said nothing to offend her I thought. I had only nodded politely while tucking her words away so I wondered what she was about to tell me. I almost wish she hadn't said what she did. Perfectly. I was nothing close to that word, and thinking she did not know a thing about me but my outward appearance bothered me. In my opinion it seemed a bit stupid to want someone just for their horn, but perhaps it was merely the body with the horn. I was starting to wonder if she wasn't racist after all. There was something honest about her voice, and I remained thoughtful. She could take me there, but that was all so I doubted she would gain much by recruiting me. I gave no answer to this for a moment. My mask remained indifferent, and I pondered. There were scars about me, I was fit, a solider. I was sure I did not scream of a rebel Unicorn who had spilled blood, and lost his own.

"Thank you Vilo, I appreciate you telling me this. I'm not sure if I'm eager to join a herd right away, but I will keep the Aurora Basin, and you in mind," I smiled than, letting it soften my blue muzzle. Kindly, though she had told me enough, she let me know of other places that did not belong to any. That was a little strange to hear so many, but very good to know. I about felt she would give me a personal tour if I asked. "Will you tell me how I get to the Basin from here if I chose to go? Or even where you might be in the mean time?" I asked, keeping my tone even, and letting warmth into its depths. I was interested in it all, knowing in the end it might be my only choice. Zdarvilo had me interested, and I felt if I needed something it would be good to know where she was. This place might be a new face of hell, or it could be the resting grounds I sought.
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
what lies beneath - by Fawkes - 05-19-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: what lies beneath - by Fawkes - 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: what lies beneath - by Zdravilo - 05-23-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: what lies beneath - by Fawkes - 06-01-2013, 09:50 PM