the Rift

[OPEN] Trees Again

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

If it were anyone other than Jiji who found me stuck like that, I probably would’ve thrown the biggest fit. I don’t know how someone as tiny as me found as much pride as I had stored away in my back pocket, but I certainly had it somehow. This “incident” with the tall green asshole certainly punched a hole in my overly inflated ego—but dammit, it was still there and I was certainly going to defend my title and honor and whatever shred of dignity I had left.

But it was Jiji, so it was all cool. I mean, sure, she laughed at me and I rolled my eyes and felt a little stupid—could you blame either of us?—but on the inside I was relieved to see my bestest bestest friend. Really, though. Who else could you trust when you were stuck in one of the stupidest situations in your life? If she were the one with her horn stuck (not that she was as dumb as I was) I would stand by her side until she was free. Laughing my ass off, surely, but it’s the thought and support that counts.

*"Look at you!"*

“Oh yeah, look at me, haha,” I murmured sullenly, my eyes still rolling all over the place as Jiji continued to shake with laughter. I sighed and consigned myself to wait until all of her mirth was spent on my ridiculous situation—I supposed I owed her the chance to properly laugh at my retarded ass. But as her gaze swept over the state of my being—gauging the depth of my horn in the bark and just how much I screwed myself—some tiny fear began to grow inside of me, some worry that I had actually screwed myself up pretty bad. I gave the smallest of whimpers, the tiniest of groans as I shifted my weight and my head gave a tinge of tender soreness. Then Jiji offered to help pull me out, and my attention snapped to her with urgent panic.

*"We just gotta pull at the same time."*

“Um, no, how ‘bout not,” I said desperately (the pounding in my head was still pretty eye-watering) but she was already taking position behind me, and what was I to do to stop her?

*"Ready?"*

“No.”

*“Okay, when I say go.”*

“Um, no, Jiji just wait a moment—“

*"GO!”*

“AGH!!”

She was pulling my tail—Jiji was pulling my tail, my tail was in her teeth—and I had no choice but to try and tug out my horn with her. I braced my hooves against the ground, burying my cloven toes as I heaved myself and muscled through the stinging pain that lanced through my brain. I clenched my teeth, my eyes shut tight against the involuntary tears that leaked from under my lids. O wow ow owowhowhow this hurt. Incidentally this was probably one of the best lessons in my life, because I certainly wouldn’t’ be doing something like this again anytime soon.

I felt my horn give a little, but it wasn’t enough and my head was hurting and any more of this and my entire forehead would vacate my face. “OKAY. Okay Jiji! Okay let's stop now ow,” I said (shrilly) through my gritted teeth, praying for her to stop her onslaught. I gasped and panted as I ceased my own efforts and the pain receded somewhat—but it was at this moment when I heard a different voice sound out, a voice I did not recognize that sent a spike of cold embarrassment and fear coursing through my heart.

*”What are you doi--”*

“GO AWAY YOU DON’T EXIST,” I positively snarled, tears rolling down my eyes and hating myself for it. With my head stuck in position, I couldn’t see who was talking. I didn’t care. My humiliation was welling up and threatening to burst, because someone was here and seeing this and it wasn’t Jiji and they’d probably tell someone and then everyone in the herd would know and Ma would find out and she would say “You should’ve just stayed where I told you to” and no one would ever let me live it down and they’d all laugh at me and I’d never get far in life and--

And—

And—

--I could just die.

Messages In This Thread
Trees Again - by Roskuld - 05-19-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: Trees Again - by Ranjiri - 05-20-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Trees Again - by Soren - 05-27-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Trees Again - by Roskuld - 05-30-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: Trees Again - by Ranjiri - 06-16-2013, 08:58 PM