the Rift

[OPEN] See The Fire In My Eyes

Elektra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground
We are the jack-o-lanterns in July
Setting fire to the sky

What was it about the darkness that kept me in it for so long? I honestly don't remember, but I do remember the first time I saw the light. I had been with my mother for quite some time now, and I don't remember much but drinking milk and staying close to her. What else could I do? I was young, vulnerable, and the only thing I had was my mother. As my mother told me later, my father was no where to be found, but that was not surprising. He was busy, I knew that, but he would come eventually, or at least I hoped. But that is another story.

My eyes had been coming open for the past couple of days, and one day, I was working on getting them open. It had taken me all morning so far, and I struggled. I wanted to see what was out there in the world, and I kept tiring myself out. I slept most of the afternoon away, and I woke up a time later. I could feel that sun disappearing, and I whined, making small squeaking noises. I was upset. I wouldn't let another day past my by without me seeing it. I moved my eyes all around, and at a point I felt like they were going to pop out of my head I was putting so much pressure on them. And suddenly, my eye lids moved, and there it was.

The World.

The first thing I saw was the sun setting on a hot day in my desert homeland. It was bright, brighter than I imagined, and I went back to darkness soon after seeing the light, but I could not stay away. The sun was the light in my life, and it always would be, guiding my days. But there was another that was more influential, and I loved her since I saw her for the first time. The Moon was a beauty that I would get to know better than the Sun, and she would always be my favorite. The thrill of seeing her out, shining in the darkness, was something that I couldn't have dreamed of. She was and would always be out of reach for me, but that was something I enjoyed about her.

But for now, I watched the sun set, my amber eyes reflecting it as I stared into the ball of flame. Mother would surly notice that my eyes were open, and in case she didn't, I squealed, even making a semi growling noise for effect. I wanted mama's attention, and I would get it.

"growling"

Notes; Open to anyone!
Words;
Tag;

Credits; Photomanipulator;http://happymoonwolf.deviantart.com/art/fire-wolf-stock-310858640;
[Image: 759d8923-ed53-45ed-86ba-e12d5c963555_zpsabfd68eb.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
See The Fire In My Eyes - by Elektra - 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 06-07-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 06-30-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 06-30-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-10-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-16-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-19-2013, 02:56 PM