the Rift

[OPEN] See The Fire In My Eyes
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

A crimson sunset melted past the horizon and with a final exhausted breath sunk out of sight. Slowly, stars began to emerge, first one, than thousands seemed to pop up all at once. I stared at them through lids half sealed, my head is angled up and the expression across my features is one of blissful calm. How quiet it had been this season, and how unusual it was for so much silence to consume a soul. Tonight was a philosophers night; tracing the patterns of billions of other planets, and charting their course.

To me though, (since I was neither a philosopher, nor a star tracer), I simply took in the emotion of peace and let it spread through these loins like the wings of a butterfly slipping across my spine. Soft was the touch, and softer still was the sound of something that whimpered and whined. It wasn’t far off, and for the most part the sound went unnoticed; finally curiosity drew me (because the noise got louder.)

Shuffling quietly forward with muffled hoofbeats I peered at the ground, noticing a rising hump. Stepping around said hump I was rewarded with scuffle sounds and the muffled tones of a shrill whimper. A dark entrance lay just below my ankles, it was small—for a wolf den. I knew it was wolf by the smell. Wisdom told me to take a few steps in reverse, should a mother bitch and her cubs come tumbling out with teeth bared. Wolves weren’t like horses, they didn’t have a distinguishing scent that was easily recognizable by my nostrils. How was I supposed to know if this creature was a friend or foe, be it foe—I would have to run the beast off, better to kill this one than risk one of our little foals being attacked.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
See The Fire In My Eyes - by Elektra - 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 06-07-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 06-30-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 06-30-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-10-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-16-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-19-2013, 02:56 PM