the Rift

[OPEN] See The Fire In My Eyes
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

Let’s say that I’m not one to startle easy. In those few moments of silence, other than the sound of wind and desert sand—squeaking and clawing. Something echoes out of the dark pit, a child could have recognized it; the sound was a warning growl. Certainly wolf. Likely a bitch who is with her cubs. The snarl was expected, and didn’t cause this body to start. However, what followed certainly peaked attention into a fine tuned ring and made my heart jump a beat, “May I help you?” Words. A wolf that can speak? Dark cranium lowers again, this time I peer into the dark hole—openly curious and halfway wondering if perhaps this was another one of those confounded magical games that spirits play.

Since the raspy tone sounded at least partly female I say, “Pardons dear Lady, I heard your cub and came to investigate.” Trying to be as polite as one could when talking to the opposite of herbivore I added, “You’ll have to forgive me for asking this…but…are you one with the herd? I haven’t seen any wolves around these parts in many months; and certainly none that held the power of speech.” Wolves where usually more trouble than they were worth, often choosing to rely on their own kind for salivation—though, I had heard of a few isolated cases where canines and felines chose to linger with herds, abandoning their own kind for….lord could only guess what.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
See The Fire In My Eyes - by Elektra - 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 06-07-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 06-30-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 06-30-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-10-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Ayaka - 07-16-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: See The Fire In My Eyes - by Midas - 07-19-2013, 02:56 PM