[OPEN] everything i possessed

Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali

S O L E I L
Does it have to start with a broken heart
Broken dreams and bleeding parts

Mist swirled around her legs as the mare strode carefully on the path that lead through the watery cemetery. It was cool for the early afternoon, a reminder that Frostfall was fast approaching and would soon hold all of Helovia in its icy grip once more. This would be the first Frostfall that she would weather alone, without her mate at her side. Her stomach clenched at the thought of him and feelings of betrayal and utter sadness were hard to tamp down. They had been drifting apart for some time, she felt. The stress of having a family together seemed to have driven them apart rather than hold them together. She didn't understand it, but she accepted it. Maybe the old saying that all good things came to an and was true. Her parents had drifted apart after Paladin had rose to claim the Foothills as his own. Soleil thought of her father, a frown marring her pale face. She had bid him farewell what seemed like ages ago. In a way she had wanted to hold on to him and keep him in Helovia, but she knew he was not happy just as Paladin was not happy.

It seemed she was cursed to letting go of those she cared most about. It started with a son and ended with her mate, she hoped. She couldn't bear to have to part with anymore of her loved ones.

A sigh punctuated the silence that enveloped the cemetery and the mare pressed on. It was as good a place as any to wallow in self-pity, she assumed. Before she'd had Seronia, where she could go to relive her most pleasant memories as well as the most painful. She shook her head and flicked her ivory tail as she continued to walk. Several steps later she stopped and looked down into the water and into the decomposing face of another horse. The pale mare startled at first. Her heart hammered in her chest and she shook her head vigorously. She could have sworn the face she'd seen had been that of her love, but looking back at it she saw that she had been mistaken, thankfully.

Being apart was screwing with her mind. She wondered how many other faces she would see before the finally left the watery graveyard.

There were times when she thought about going after Paladin, but she refrained, scared that he would officially reject her. He had left without saying a word to her, what other rejection did she need? Wasn't that enough? She halted and closed her eyes, picturing a time when they were together as a family and happy. Those times were always in the Moonlit Tides of Isilme. As much as it hurt her heart to admit it, it was the last time she'd felt truly close to her love. Being driven from Isilme had started the rift and their daughter's invasion had been what finally split them.

Never in her life would she blame her daughters for what had happened. It had been coming and their invasion was a means to an end. Unfortunately for her it was an end that left her utterly incomplete and without purpose.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
everything i possessed - by Soleil - 05-20-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soren - 05-25-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soleil - 05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soren - 05-27-2013, 11:56 PM