the Rift

[OPEN] everything i possessed

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
flame stock: Mr.Thomas @ flickr.com
Soren
For a brief instant, Soleil turns to look at her son and something in her eyes is far more worrying than the shadow of a stranger buried in the marsh. Is she afraid? Soren draws up close to the warmth of her side, his thin flanks heaving and his nostrils gleaming pink. The boy stands quietly under his mother’s questing nose, soothed by her attention and reassured that she would never let him come to harm. She must have just been worried because he yelled so loud… Yes, that was it.

Soren’s pale eyes rivet to his mother’s face when she speaks. She doesn’t know about the swamp; his face falls a bit, disappointed. Soren bites back a response, though, as Soleil follows the statement with a command: stay close. Something sharp and brilliant lingers in her tone – an edge that reminds him of the look in her eye a moment ago. Maybe she is scared… He turns to look at the trees and the water, expecting something to leap from the shadows, but no one’s nearby. He catches only small sounds in the distance: the plop of water, the crackling of a twig. ”I will,” he swears, voice little more than a whisper.

They walk a few steps but his mother stops again, attention straining down the path ahead. Soren looks too, but he only sees the trees and water and the dark. Dusk casts long shadows edged in burning orange light across their backs. Soren presses in close; his mother asks a question. “Would you like to have a race?” Slowly, Soren’s ears twitch forward. A race… What if he slips? Doubtfully, his pale eyes fall to the mud all around them.

”I want to go home,” is all he says, though he has no particular destination in mind.
you're fireproof
nothing breaks your heart

Messages In This Thread
everything i possessed - by Soleil - 05-20-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soren - 05-25-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soleil - 05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soren - 05-27-2013, 11:56 PM