the Rift

[OPEN] Daunting Lillies or Sweet Chainsaws

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
This new unicorn – Zdravilo, she soon introduced herself – exuded an uncommon sort of amity. In stark contrast to such overt friendliness, Valka slowly raised her head and gazed down at the other with cool eyes. It was… a welcome change, but how did one respond to these gestures? With grace, Valka supposed. She nodded.

”Scourge,” Valka repeated, one ear flicking thoughtfully back. What was a scourge? Did she really know so little? Suddenly, she wished she had asked Snö more – what was she really doing here? Taking up space? ”You must be gifted, then,” she added, trying to turn the words sweet though they tasted awfully bitter on her tongue. You are new, she thought, eyes burning across the stranger’s pale hide. Why are you farther than I am already? Evidently, she was doing something wrong… Perhaps the way to win hearts was with transparent cheer? Valka could manage almost anything, she thought, but probably not… that

”I’m afraid I am simply a mare,” she said in answer to Zdravilo’s question. ”I dream of earning a high rank by helping our dear herdmates, but it seems I still have far to work…” Valka stared out into the distance as she spoke, thoughts moving quietly through her head. Perhaps she could never be this mare, but there was always the possibility of using the mare… Not hurting her, no, but learning what her secret was – if it was more than bland, openhearted kindness.

Valka was already balking at the thought.

Luckily, perhaps, Zdravilo changed the topic back to stars and Valka was distracted. Did she make wishes on flying stars? To be entirely honest, it seemed an odd custom; what could stars possibly care for her? She preferred not to be indebted to anything so strange and far-off, anyway, and with a curious tilt of her head, Valka let her features tighten into a sort of frown. ”No,” she responded. ”But perhaps I should start.” An odd thing, almost like laughter, trickled into her voice. Out of curiosity, she added, ”What kind of things do you wish for?”

stock credit: elaineselenstock.deviantart.com | hellofascination1991.deviantart.com | burtn.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Daunting Lillies or Sweet Chainsaws - by Zdravilo - 05-20-2013, 09:37 PM
RE: Daunting Lillies or Sweet Chainsaws - by Valka - 05-25-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Daunting Lillies or Sweet Chainsaws - by Zdravilo - 06-01-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: Daunting Lillies or Sweet Chainsaws - by Zdravilo - 06-15-2013, 12:04 AM