the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Was this d'Art's doing? Or Kou? Or perhaps Spark's little play-thing, Ophelia? Who had planted these thoughts in his young mind? A puzzled look stripped her normally serene mask of indifference, forming it into a wave of confusion. The dark Goddess couldn't understand where this I missed you nonesense was coming from. Missed what exactly? Her dark features scanned the young colt before her; he appeared so similar, and yet so different from when she saw him last. Previously, the darkness and veracity of the winds - the clear and undaunted symbol of Her, the Goddess of the Moon - had filled and stormed inside of him. Now, eyes, so like her own, stared back with a tenderness and warmth that she couldn't identify with. She was the Dark and the Night; what ever had become of her son?

Her leonine tail flicked around her hocks agitatedly, as the young boy welcomingly changed the subject. For a moment, she felt hope, as she mentioned his Father and his desire to follow in his footsteps. A look of genuine approval graced her features, contorting her dark and enigmatic stare, into one of beauty and poise. "Ahh Mesec. A worthy path." She murmured, her voice like a silken ribbon upon the breeze. Reaching her velvety muzzle out, she gently tousled his forelock, exhaling her sweet scent upon her son. With a heavy sigh, her pupiless gaze fell upon him with adoration. "My son. What have they been telling you? This is who you are.."

As her words faded, the night seemed to visibly dim around them. High above, stars flickered brightly as warm winds rushed about them. Suddenly, the sky danced and sparkled, as if the stars themselves were calling out to their brother from high above. His name seemed to dance among them, as they twirled and lit the sky. A darkness, seeming to hold every answer and possible question, flourished in the night sky: a colorless wonder. The Goddess, not one to coddle and fuss over her son, would simply not stand by and have him be babied and corrupted by another. "We are the Dark, and the Night and the Winds, Mesec; you and I. Never forget that." Her voice was powerful and soothing, for the Moon was a master manipulator, and would use every trick and art to keep her son under her wing. He belonged to the night.

"Now child-" She began, her voice sweet and reassuring, "First you must create your poison. You must seek out seawater, bark, and a white flower which grows only under the light of the moon. Finally, you must find a vessel to carry these things in. Bring them back to me, and I shall tell you what you must do next."

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by God of the Moon - 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Tiamat - 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Casimir - 05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Mauja - 05-21-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Talianna - 05-21-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Elizabeth - 05-22-2013, 05:14 AM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Mesec - 05-22-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Mesec - 05-25-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by God of the Moon - 05-25-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Mauja - 05-26-2013, 08:47 AM