Unregistered
:: :: ::

Be careful making wishes in the dark

I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see
My childhood spat back out the monster that you see

TAG: Accalia

NOTES: --

WORDS: 622

As Zuri watched the leggy mare before her, she could almost sense an invisible blanket of insecurity that she seemed to be trying hard to shed. Or hide. She seemed younger than Zuri herself, both in stature and the way she seemed to be trying hard to sound grown up and self assured. But the older mare had to give her props; she wouldn't have had the guts to go up to another equine the way this white mare had and ask if she needed a place to call home. Or ask anything for that matter.

Zuri may have spent a lot of her years alone, but she had come into contact with others often enough to be able to develop her skills and sense a lot of these things about her fellow horses. She may not have spent a lot of that time socializing with said horses, but she watched and listened. Watching and listening allowed her to pick up on a lot of things and learn so much more than she would have had she been actively interacting with others. She much preferred to observe rather than join, but she felt she hadn't missed out on much if anything at all.

"Well, yes I believe I do. We do not inhabit an official herd land, we are more like a traveling group of nomads, but once we get numbers, we will take over land and claim a home for ourselves"

The way she spoke about her herd, so proudly, almost made the insecurity vanish. She was making her sales pitch to Zuri, trying to recruit her. And she had to admit...it was almost working. A traveling group? That appealed to her. Zuri had been traveling since she was born, never staying in one place longer than a day or two. She had a feeling that if she tried to quit cold turkey and confine herself to one area she would get restless and have to move on much quicker than she would if she could do it slowly. A roaming herd greatly appealed to her. Perhaps by the time they did get enough numbers to claim land for themselves, she would be ready to settle into one area. Well, if she stuck around that long. The jury was still out on that one.

Cocking her head a bit to the side and fixing her bicolored gaze on the fae in front of her, she opened her mouth to answer but was cut off by the mare shyly introducing herself then asking her name. Zuri smoothly transitioned into introductions without missing a beat, "My name is Zuri. Nice to meet you," then she went back to her original questions, "How many are currently in this herd of yours and how many do you need to claim land for yourselves?"

Another gust of wind tousled the bay mare's heavy mane, blowing it into her face again. This time, Zuri tossed her head high, throwing most of her mane to the opposite side of her neck and her forelock mostly behind her ears. The movement exposed the large, ugly scar that slashed across her chest in a knotted, ropy diagonal. The skin was puckered and pinched there where the two edges had fused themselves back together. It was often a shocking sight to other equines when they first saw it since it was so large and looked out of place on the otherwise beautiful mare. It wasn't like the many different bite marks and old gashes that littered the hide on her rump and flanks. Though those were great in number, they didn't look as severe as the one on her chest and didn't spark as much morbid interest. She hated that scar.

credit to tom felton at caution

Messages In This Thread
You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-22-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-23-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-24-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-26-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-27-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM