the Rift

[OPEN] lost and found

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

Somehow he knows before the painted steed responds what his answer will be. If the deposed prince himself could not find her in his frantic travels, how would this brute have been able to find her in the confines of the one place that she had surely fled? Even now as he breathes in the bland scent of grass and dust, there is no trace of her. This was her home, he wants to tell Apollo. It was hers, and you took it from her. But he doesn't. Instead, he sways ever-so-slightly in the gentle breeze without even realizing that he moves, humming softly under his breath. It is a song from his homeland, though now he can scarcely recall the words.

Zarina cooes quietly in his ear, pulling gently on a strand of forelock. The insistent pressure on his poll catches his attention, and he flicks an ear back in annoyance, resisting the urge to shake his head. A small part of him recognizes that she is trying to help him, in her own way, but the vast majority is too far taken by the madness of loss and fever to see it. She knows that the minority is there, though, and she does not take offense when his mind-voice snarls a rather grumpy expletive. She remains where she is and he settles, though it is a slow thing: an ear pokes forward, and then another to one side in a show of relaxation, or at least the closest he can get to it at the moment. His body, though, is still tense, particularly through the wings and shoulders. Perhaps if he were in his right mind, he would wonder if he could even move the accursed limbs anymore, they were so stiff, but for now, he dares not relax them and risk scaring her.

Apollo's voice seems to hold his attention for the briefest of moments before the last of his hope is extinguished. He is already shaking his head gently, aware enough of Zarina's presence to at least avoid losing her. "I must find her," he insists. "If she is not here, she is lost. If she is lost, she is afraid. If she is afraid, she needs me. I protect her, you know." He reflects on this last statement. A sad look comes over his face, his orbs filled with a new kind of pain. "I could not protect her from this," he admits, so quietly that he is almost inaudible. His entire being seems to droop, and it takes years of practice to keep tears from squeezing from his violet eyes. A prince must always be in control of his emotions, he had been taught, and although he is not particularly in control, he does know enough not to cry.

The deal that the paint offers, though, is a difficult one to resist. Would it not be better to search with six eyes rather then the four that he and Zarina share? Would it not be better to call with more voices than one? He frowns, considering. Will it scare her, to hear an unfamiliar voice calling her name? Probably. But if he only gains a pair of eyes and ears and nostrils, won't that be worth it? Apollo need not lend a voice, only a helping hoof... Zarina chitters near his ear, her light, feminine vocals low. He cannot understand her speech, but through the bond he feels her urge him towards acceptance.

But then he sees Resplendence in his mind's eye, and his resolve shatters.

"I have to find her," he says desperately, the manic gleam returning to his almost-sane gaze. "I don't have time to wait. If she isn't here, she isn't here. Thank you for your offer, but I really must go. I can go, can't I?" He takes a step back anyway, preparing to flee. He cannot afford to be captured here, to be held against his will. "Perhaps when I find her, we could return here for your help?" An unsure smile that does not touch his eyes leaps into place on his maw as instinct takes over, offering the courtier's manners to the steed.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
lost and found - by Quilyan - 05-21-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: lost and found - by Apollo - 05-23-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: lost and found - by Quilyan - 05-23-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: lost and found - by Apollo - 05-30-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: lost and found - by Quilyan - 06-03-2013, 09:51 PM